“Quirkiest hotel I've ever stayed in:)”
Review of Repubblica di Oz

Repubblica di Oz
Ranked #2 of 28 Varese B&B and Inns
Barcelona
“Quirkiest hotel I've ever stayed in:)”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel is slightly hidden away (there is no reception per say) but it is centrally located in Varese with fancy cafes/shops just across the road. Breakfast is served in one of these cafe's across the road. The hotel itself has been converted from a residential apartment and each room is individually decorated/themed using continental antiques as the owner is an antique dealer himself.

Rossella (co-owner of the hotel) is extremely helpful and welcoming and speaks very good English. She dealt with the bookings in advance via e-mail promptly. The rooms were very clean and huge with wifi throughout. As mentioned before, the rooms are individually decorated with antiques and I really enjoyed my stay there.

Considering the price/location and service of this hotel, I don't think you will get any better in Varese and I would highly recommend anyone to stay there. It's definitely an eye-opener of a hotel!

Room Tip: Take your own soap/shampoo
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have been recently in Varese and Milan for business purposes and I have discovered through tripadvisor an unexpected and unforgettable guest house I will daily remember. The name is “la repubblica di oz” and is located in a very nice area of Varese downtown plenty of restaurants, cozy bars and stores.
My arrival was warmly welcomed by a smiling couple (the owners) that immediately gave to me all necessary information with regards to the city in general and what to do/see/eat in that area.
I slept in the room Sherlock. The room is unique with a meticulous attention to details and furniture.
A highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

What can someone say about Republica di Oz?! We were very intrigued by its theme and despite the fact it was not in our way we had a feeling that it would be a unique experience! And boy it was! We stayed at Jester room where we slept under the watchful eye of our goat friend "Giankatsiko" (we gave him a name! Katsiki in Greek means goat). Every detail of that room was exceptional, from the handgun hair dryer to the antique secretaire. The location was also great just at the middle of a very busy pedestrian street. Last but not least Rossella, our hostess! Our meeting was short but Rossela made us feel very welcome and gave Republica di Oz more personal character! She is energetic, kind and fun so much that we are looking forward to meet again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Rossella B, Proprietario at Repubblica di Oz, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Panos, Maria you are the ideal guests , guests who everybody would like to have!
thanks so much
kind regards
Rossella
Helensburgh
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I had a very pleasant and comfortable week in 'Repubblica di Oz' in Sherlock. The room was very nice with lots of antiques and a terrace. Rossella and Dante are extremely friendly and helpful.The B&B is in the center of Varese with plenty of good restaurants around you. Shops and public transport are all very near. It's a brilliant place and good value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this bb. All other reviews are correct. Value for money is great. All items in the room are for sale.th breakfast at the other side of the street is at one of the best coffee bars I have ever been to. Really recommendation!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Vught, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Friendly stay in the middle of Varese. Parking below the rooms.
Nice and clean rooms.
Wonderfull for a shopping weekend in Varese.
Next time i will book Repubblica de Oz again.
Note; no airconditioning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kiel, Germany
Reviewed 2 August 2013

What can I say? It really felt like coming home. Dante and Rosella a very kind hosts and we enjoyed the conversation during the aperitif. We enjoyed two wonderful nights in this fascinating place in the center of Varese. Unfortunately this was only a stop on our way two France, but it was the highlight of our whole holiday. I have never seen such rooms before, they were arranged with so much love. I hope to return to them in the next years...

Room Tip: Lola and the cat :-)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends