“Memorable Vacation - Fantastic Hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vasto
Hotel Residence Adriatico
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Vasto
Toronto, Canada
“Memorable Vacation - Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My family of 5 travelled to Vasto for a nine day vacation from August 11-19. We have two 7 year olds and a 19 year old. On the recommendation of a friend who has stayed in this hotel for the previous 5 years straight we booked the residence at Hotel Adriatico. The residence is across the street from the main hotel (closer to the beach) and has full use of all hotel facilities including pool, restaurant etc. The building is 5 years old.

We had a 2 bedroom suite. The first bedroom consisted of a large bedroom with a Queen Bed, large closet, safe and flat screen TV. The second bedroom had 2 single beds and a large closet. The sitting room had a pull out sofa couch, a kitchenette, small TV, and table with 2 chairs. The washroom had a small shower, wash closet and bidet. The suite was large by North American Standards and humungous by European Standards. More importantly the suite was spotless and kept so every day by the very courteous cleaning staff. Apart from a larger shower there is nothing I would change in this suite.

The Hotel provided a complimentary breakfast that consisted of croissants, cake, toast, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice etc. Thankfully no bacon or eggs. The breakfast was simple and plentiful.

Lunch and Dinner on the other hand consisted on a fixed menu of the most delicious home cooked meals anyone could ask for. It was typically a self serve antipasto bar, a choice of one of 3 soups or pastas as a main course a choice from 3 meat or fish dishes as a second course. Portions were large and seconds were always offered. A large fresh fruit platter and dessert was a staple at every meal. This is not the food you would expect at any all inclusive hotel in the Caribbean or elsewhere. It is high quality and as good as any restaurant I have eaten in Italy.

The hotel pool is large, clean and has a large deck with chaise lounges and chairs. It also has a shallow kiddy pool for toddlers. I enjoyed sitting by the pool and having a drink after lunch.

The private sandy beach has a full time life guard, and assigned umbrellas chaise lounges and chairs for all hotel guests. There is a kids club with activities for young children throughout the day. Although our children do not speak any Italian at all they participated in a fashion show and Hawaiin dance in the evenings with the others and had a great time doing so. Lucinda and Omar were great with them.

There is also free parking in the rear of the Hotel for all guests.

The above alone is reason enough to give this hotel an excellent rating. but, it gets better. Lino and Gabriella and their 2 children are hands on owner/operators and oversee the entire operation all day long. They live in the hotel residence and are up from early in the morning until late at night. They are very hospitable and make you feel most welcome.

I should like to share a couple of personal experiences I had at the hotel to give prospective guests a feel of what to expect.

One evening my 19 year old son felt unwell. He had a pain in his abdomen and I was worried it might be an appendix attack. I asked Lino where I could find a doctor or a clinic. He immediately went into action and located a doctor who was vacationing at the hotel. Within half hour the doctor came to our room and examined my son. He suggested pain killers, ice pack and to monitor him. The doctor then agreed to check on our son from time to time. The doctor refused any payment whatsoever for his services. Even more astonishing Lino asked me to call his room any time of day or night if my sons conditions should worsen. I felt like Lino was family.

On another evening a group of 9 guests had planned a dinner at a nearby restaurant for a change. We advised the restaurant staff not to prepare for us. On our way to dinner it began to rain buckets and we were forced to turn back. It was 10 pm before we made it back to the hotel. The hotel restaurant was just closing and the staff were cleaning up. There were a couple of guests finishing up their coffee. We were hoping to be accommodated with a few sandwiches to get us by until breakfast. When told of our dilemma Valerio and Emanuele went into action. The entire restaurant staff prepared an entire meal (antipasto, pasta, meat/fish, fruit, dessert and coffee) for all of us. It was past 11 pm by the time we were finished.

If you plan on visiting this wonderful part of Italy there in nowhere else you want to stay. The Hotel Adriatico has many repeat guests and it is clear why. I went as a guest and left as a friend.

Thanks to all for a great time. Lino and Gabriella see you soon.

John, Catherine and family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family