“Try the Florentine steak!”

Ristorante Amaro Braceria
Ranked #7 of 467 Restaurants in Viareggio
Price range: US$31 - US$43
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
cape cod, MA/naples, FL
“Try the Florentine steak!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

A wonderful dining experience--recommended by the staff at the Best Western Grand Royal Hotel. Everything we tried was delicious. Service was top notch! We would have returned if we only had another night in Viareggio!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank maryandkris

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice atmosphere, well worth a visit.”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We went here on the strength of other trip advisor reviews, and struggled to get a table at 7:30 as it is very popular. Very nice restaurant with very nice food. Well worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
Viareggio, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a feast for the taste buds”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

During our one week stay here in Viareggio we went to the Amaro twice, because it was so good. When you enter the place you are greeted by professionall staff and a sleek interior, with a fully open kitchen, just separated by a glass wall from the restaurant room. Transparency par excellance.

The team is young, everyone late 20s to 30s. The menu is simple but well balanced. There are a few unusual offerings here, like Belgian Trappiste Beer or German white wine, but it just adds to the variety of tastes that can be catered to.

First time we went we had pasta starters and the t bone steak. All was excellent. Especially the Spaggetthi alla Carbonara Vongole were outstanding. I would never have thought that a heavy Carbonara with Vongole could be any good, but here is proof that it can work. The T Bone was really good too, no complaints there.

Second time around we had to have the Carbonara Vongole again, but this time we chose less heavy mains, so there was some capacity left for desserts. Creme Brullee top notch, strwberry cheese dessert no less good. Really top marks all around.

One of the best Espressos can be had here, too.

If I ever have the pleasure to be back to Viareggio, this Restaurant will absolutely certainly be on my list of things to be done!

• Visited September 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Best Irish Angus in Italy!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My family and I dined at Amaro on July 13, 2013. In short, the waitress and manager were very friendly and he service was great. I also saw the manager the next day at the annual triathlon. My wife & I ordered a Brunello and the 1 kilogram angus steak from Ireland; the steak was cooked perfectly medium and very well seasoned. Our dining experience was excellent! I wanted to take the place mat as a souvenir, however, I forgot. If management reads this review, I would appreciate if soemeone can send me one by mail. I can provide my address once someone contacts me by email.

• Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with MyTable.com

Viareggio
“Good food in very popular surroundings”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Really nice food in pleasant surroundings. Restaurant was buzzing all evening as more and more people came to eat -glad we booked. Staff were friendly and the food was well presented. Not so keen on the local house wine, but otherwise a lovely evening.

Visited July 2013