La Viareggina
Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte(Viareggio)
US$496
US$93
US$88
All reviewsexcellent locationcroissantsannafridgetownscheese
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Owner is very friendly and helpful. Anna made our stay very nice, cozy, we felt very much like guests of the family. Also, she gives tons of advice and hints for the city. The place is about 100 to the beach. Room is clean and quie, everything is intact. 50% discout on parking fee is a nice touch.

Room Tip: Rooms facing street seems a bit noisy, go for those facing the inside court.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I made an overnight stop to experience Viareggio recently, and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I got in late due to airline mishaps, but it turned out just fine. Owner Anna waited for me, got me checked in, and then gave me great recommendations for some nearby restaurants. Turns out I joined her at her local favorite (Paolini) and had their specialty (Frito Misto), lightly breaded and fried vegetables, calamari, boiled shrimp. It was fabulous. It made falling asleep in my charming and crisp-white bedroom at La Viareggina easy. The rooms I saw are spacious, very clean and comfortable, and I felt right at home with Anna. She's very helpful, and even kept breakfast waiting for me when I overslept from jetlag! The large, wide promenade along the beach, lined with palm trees, is perfect for morning or evening strolls, a run on the beach or endless shopping. Lots of sun-bathing and beach-going opportunities, too - umbrellas, beach chairs, restaurants to serve you. It was such a charming stay, just too short. I'd love to go back. I would stay at La Viareggina in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank lynette_cypress
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Anna, who runs this hotel keeps it impeccably clean and is super helpful. She took some post cards to the post office for us when we didn't have time before we left. This small hotel is very comfortable and close to the beach. The room with one queen bed and bunk beds for our kids was perfect for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2013

just returned from a week stay here. Very convenient location near to sea,shops and park. We have stayed in 4star accommodation in Viareggio but much prefer La Viareggina. The room was spotlessly clean and quite large, but the bathroom was quite small. There was plenty of hot water and the shower was great though. We would have no hesitation in going back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed for four nights in the Quadruple room very very clean and in August 2013 the air conditioned room was just the Biz! Location is fantastic very close to the sandy beach and restaurants.We left the car the first day and not used till the time of departure everything within walking distance.
The Hostess Anna was very helpful and friendly the continental buffet breakfast was fresh every morning with homemade cakes fresh fruit and croissants tea, coffee,cappuccino you get the idea!!
Definitely recommend it and will stay again
Wonderful example of a business well run
Well done Anna!