“14 days away from, at home.”
Review of Hotel President

Hotel President
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Viareggio
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The staff is very helpful, multilingual (we got help in Dutch) and checking in went probably as smooth as we have ever checked in anywhere.

Parking around the hotel is plentyful and you can buy a 8 euro ticket at the reception that covers all day. The railway station is a 15min. walk and connects you to Pisa and Lucca in about 20-25 minutes, Florence 1h.45 min and La Spezia in about 1 hour, from where you can visit Cinque terre.

For breakfast there was plenty of choice with plumcake, different kinds of croissants, cornflakes, cheeses and meats, toast, fruit juices, fruit and so on.
Two coffee machines serve you, but if you want, the staff will make you a fresh cappucino or cafe ristretto without additional cost.

The hotel has NO pool, but you can choose to go to two Lido's, Irene or Balena 2000, of which the latter has a swimming pool. Reserve your spot at the receptiondesk, receive a receipt and walk to the lido of your choice to get seats, a clean beach, umbrella and acces to the pool, cloathing rooms, toilets, a bar, even a fitness if you fancy (at Balena).

There is no lunch package available for early birds, but if you ask the night before they will let you in to have coffee and cornflakes breakfast.

All in all we enjoyed our 14day stay at the hotel, it's staff, clean rooms (with mini bar/fridge) and hospitality.

They also have the service to let you print your boarding passes the night before so you can reserve your place on the plane. No need to take your computer/laptop with you as they have several laptops at everyone's disposal which you can take up to your room and enjoy the free wifi.

A top hotel which we will be visiting again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick D
There are newer reviews for Hotel President

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The hotel President is excellent value for money . Spacious , high ceiled guests rooms . Air con works well . Breakfast choice is great , and so is the coffee !
My only negative comment is the sockets in the bathroom didn't work , so I was unable to charge my iPhone .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
AleCilia, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel President, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Guest,

we would like to thank you for staying with us and for spending some of your time to share your good feedback about the Hotel on Tripadvisor.
We were delighted to read you have enjoyed the Hotel and our services, it is very rewarding for us when our guests come back home happy.
As for the sockets, all our rooms and bathrooms are equipped with international sockets and unfortunately your iPhone was not getting charged even at the Reception desk with the Italian charger so we think it was probably a technical problem of your phone.
We all look forward to being at your service again in the near future
Kind regards

Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Was slightly disappointed on arrival. Their clever promotional picture suggests a lovely garden/ pool in front of hotel. In reality the garden/ pool is an overgrown public area and between that and hotel is a building plot. Apart from that, the star are very friendly and helpful. We had corner room on 2nd floor so in addition of view of building site, we had a direct view of promenade which is great. Good size room, free wifi. Nice bathroom, although small shower. Good quality food at dinner and good choice at breakfast. Not cheap for one night but enjoyed the stay. approx 1km from station.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank philosIsleofMan
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This review is written by an American couple living in Florence, who look for places for a long weekend where we can take the train easily and not need a car. Viareggio is one of the places we frequent and on this Monday decided to travel to the beach resort for a 3 night stay which we have extended just today to include 2 more nights. If you are looking for 'over the top' or 'fancy' or 'chic'....go perhaps to Forte dei Marmi...down the coast and spend three times the amount. If you want elegance in a quiet fashion with a mix of international guests (people who have been around and travel quite a bit)...then you will love this oasis. We are in Room 501 which looks out on all sides with a constant breeze. It is perfect in every way! Large double bed (really an American King) but European style with two queens together.....plenty of pillows, well-done but understated furnishings, excellent staff, good breakfast, directly across the street from the promonade and access to a beach club and fitness centre at a reduced rate of only 8 euros a day and very lovely sitting area to meet friends or just have a drink. We take the train at our leisure from SMN (main train station in Florence)....and then WALK to this hotel from the train station easily by crossing the street from the train and then heading four blocks towards the sea and a quick right and you have arrived. We travel with a small valise, but this is not a fancy area, you need jeans, a light jacket, bathing attire and workout clothing t'shirts, comfortable shoes. Nothing fancy. There are endless options for lunch and dinner and gelatos and today we walked almost 8 km towards Forte dei Marmi. ....in this regard you can take the hourly bus right outside to visit for lunch also if you desire and rent bikes to get plenty of exercise or fresh air. We love Viareggio. We do not see many Americans but probably this is because they perhaps do not know of it,. If you desire a beach getaway and are travelling lightly in the first instance you can come here, or if you are in the city for a prolonged period and wish to get some air at the beach, just pack a small bag and leave the larger one at your hotel. This would be an excellent choice. It would appear to me that you must be rather independent in your travels however to best enjoy this experience at this hotel. It is for relaxing and just getting away to a calm atmosphere. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank rtdFirenze_Italy
Reviewed 7 February 2013

It was our first visit to Viareggio and staying at the President Hotel made the weekend special for us. Marcello and his staff make you feel welcome from the minute you enter, till your checkout. The ambiance of the hotel and location are great, nice little bar to unwind after a long day.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VicenzaMarco
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I selected this hotel based on the comments reviewed. I am originally from Italy but never being in this town. I had business meetings in Siena so I wanted a nice place to stay for 3 nights to relax by the sea. From the time I walked in until the moment I left, I felt like being home and treated by family. The room was great on the 5th floor with corner views. The room was big and had a nice desk to work. The LCD TV was fantastic and selection of the channels even better. Watched many italian programs but I was more excited to see FOX news . It is my favor station in the USA and do not care much for CNN. This made my stay even better. I did not find anything wrong with the hotel and would be back with no problems and will suggest to anyone. The people working were fantastic and all of them did a great job, showing that care about their guests.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room facing the sea. The extra money you pay is worth it . I had a corner room with...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank worldtravel47
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I have nothing but great things to say about my recent stay at Hotel President. It's a charming, friendly, immaculately clean hotel. The front desk staff always had a smile and friendly welcome whenever we returned from a days excursion. The were helpful and informative about local/small trips to take.
I have several food issues, namely Gluten and more of a problem corn intolerances. I had been in touch via email prior to my arrival and Laila had investigated their distributors and found they could supply gluten & corn free products. My meals were amazing! I was one of 24 in our group but each night my dinner was given great attention. Each morning I was brought a plate of rice products which I took for during the day. Without this special attention my fantastic holiday would not have been nearly as enjoyable. I would certainly recommend Hotel President. What a lovely location too, right across from the beach.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends