“Strange experience”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Antwerp, Belgium
“Strange experience”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I never felt completely at ease in this restaurant.
First tip: never dine to early. We were there at nine o'clock in the evening and the place was still empty. Only in the later hours it became busier.
Second tip: if you don't like waiters constantly watching you, then don't come here.
This whole place is a bit to fancy for my taste. I just don't like it, when a waiter is standing near your table the whole time! We ordered a pizza (by metre) and it was served on a plate on a cart by the table. The waiter took a (small!) slice of pizza and putted it on our plate. The rest of the pizza stayed on the cart. Every time that we ate our slice, he came back and put another piece on our plate. Sometimes we did have to wait a very long time till he came back to our table to give us a new slice of pizza. Really annoying when you're hungry. Unfortunately, I had a burned slice and it really didn't taste well. Problem: the waiter didn't come over because my plate wasn't empty.
Overall it was a strange experience. I like to eat my pizza at ease. It's a simple dish so please keep it simple! It wasn't even the best pizza, only so so. There are a lot of other restaurants in the neighborhood and they were so much better and real than this one!!

• Visited August 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant - the best of our holiday”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We dined here on four occasions and were not disappointed once. The Maitre Di was wonderful, suggesting wines, and helping us with the menu and even offering us dishes that were not on the menu! The seafood is so fresh and the pasta to die for.

• Visited September 2011
Union, New Jersey
“Insanely good”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We were staying at the Torre Barbara hotel, and the restaurant was recommended to us...we were served by the Maitre'd since the place was kind of empty ( we were there by 7 and the place got full only after 9.30 )....I speak the language so he did not give us a menu...he told us that he will serve us a "local sea food tour"...it was absolutely marvelous...DO NOT miss the baby calamari, it's superb ! Sorry, I don't recall his name but you MUST get him to give you the "tour".....please bear in mind that after 9-9.30 the place gets very busy ( only locals, no tourists ) so he will may not be able to give you his full attention

• Visited May 2011