“Finest kind of people, great price & value”

Residence Torre Silvana
Ranked #47 of 59 Vieste B&B and Inns
New England
“Finest kind of people, great price & value”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I arrived off season mid week. I was their only guest. Antonio (father) and Gianpaulo (son) made me their good friend, treated me like family, and shared all their meals with me, teaching me about local cuisine, manners & customs, and history as well. I don't speak Italian, but Gianpaulo speaks a passable English. The hotel is probably worth about two or three stars, but the view is certainly five star and the room w/ kitchenette was very comfortable. Vieste is far enough from easy reach that it retains a wonderful small sea side town charm. The drive there twists around seaside and mountain roads through centuries old olive groves. I've been traveling in Italy for two months now, and this little two day respite is probably the most valuable to my memory. It was certainly a five star experience for me.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

• Polish first
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed there just a week-end and that was more than great! First of all the position of the hotel, up to the hill from where you can enjoy an amazing view over vieste city and the sea.
The owner is a really nice person, he cares about his guests as his own family, ready to help you and give advices. The same his son, Giampaolo, a really italian latin lover and a squisite person as well!
We picked up the superior suite which happened to be a great choise,every room has a private balcony where you have the view mentioned above!

So if you want to spend some quality time in a family environment, 5 min drive from vieste centre and seaside, well then this hotel is exactly what you are looking for!!!

Thanks again to both!!!That was very nice meeting you!

• Stayed June 2012
vancouver
Reviewed 1 December 2009

As mentioned by the previous reviewer the place is a bit of a mess, since they are adding a second floor to the existing villa.A lot of material is strown around which does not add to the beauty of the place.
Paulo picked us up from the port where we were looking at another place(which looked like a hostel) and brought us to his place were we met Antonio his father.
Paulo is a very enthusiastic, easy going guy who served us coffee and cold drinks upon arrival.
We enjoyed Antonio's dinner

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Victoria, British Columbia
Reviewed 24 October 2009

My wife and I just returned from 3 weeks in Italy, of which the last week was spent at Torre Silvana. Being late in the year, the beach scene was, expectedly, dead, but Vieste, at this time of year, is a very pleasant, quiet provincial town, where life goes on as it has forever.
We enjoyed our stay at Torre Silvana. Antonio, and his son Paulo, are very friendly, and generous hosts. The residence is located on a hill overlooking the Adriatic.It is a gracious old building that is being renovated. Even Paulo would acknowledge that it is a work in progress, and we wish them both the best of good fortune in realising their dream.
We had a 3-roomed apartment with limited cooking facilities. We were hit with an unseasonal cold snap, but,once we got the heating sorted out it was very cosy. The bed was harder than we were accustomed to, but we found this generally throughout the south. The shower was the best we had anywhere. We enjoyed 3 excellent meals in the company of our hosts, and it was just like family dining. Antonio can sure cook up a storm, very delicious. We also hit the beginning of the olive harvest, and enjoyed Paulo's energetic olive gathering demonstration.
This was a very pleasant stay, which I would recommend. It represents great value for money

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pcallegari
Verona
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Stayed here for 5 days in June. The owner goes out of his way to be helpful and friendly. Half board was very good value. Very good and plentiful home-cooked food and very informal. It's more like dining with friends than a restaurant, in fact you never know what you're getting until it arrives on the plate. Some problems with damp in the flat, but otherwise very pleasant accommodation. Can recommend

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
NY, NY
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I spent two nights at the Torre Silvana in mid April. It is a lovely hotel just outside of Vieste, located on a hill with panoramic views. The cold, rainy weather was more than compensated for by the warmth and hospitality of the hosts, Antonio and his son Paolo. They were friendly and helpful and from the moment I arrived I was welcomed and treated as a special guest.
My villetta was comfortable and spacious and had a lovely veranda with beautiful views of the sea, and flowers everywhere.
Antonio's home cooking is wonderful and each night's dinner was a feast of delicious Puglian specialties.
Vieste was my first stop on my tour of Puglia and the Torre Silvana was a wonderful introduction to this very special part of Italy. I would love to return there.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank panecott
Ewelme
Reviewed 29 March 2009

We received a warm welcome at Torre Silvana which is a couple of kilometres south of Vieste, overlooking the bay. Our room was comfortable, in a villetta near the main building. Antonio cooked us a good dinner. Vieste is a beautiful old town, and the surrounding countryside inland is excellent fo walking and botanising. Late March is a little early for the full floral show.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple