“Good as long as you have kids”
Review of I Melograni

I Melograni
Ranked #20 of 67 Hotels in Vieste
Orlando, Florida
“Good as long as you have kids”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This hotel is located at the start of Vieste and you can walk to the town. The hotels and beach on the opposite side of the town though look like a better area to stay in.
There are kids all over the place, as they have 3 swimming pools, so if you are a couple as we were, we found the place too noisy. The bathroom tub/shower left water all over the small bathroom floor. The internet connection was terrible in our room, so needed to go into the lobby, which was hot. The staff though were nice and the front desk people were extremely helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EUROPEEXPERT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 8 July 2013

As Ramona said, it was almost perfect. Yes, she's right, the breakfast is not a gourmand's paradise, but I-Melograni is definitely a place to stay and feel good. Rooms are not luxurios but are clean and cosy, the staff is great, very friendly and Michele (room division manager) is the best. Thanks again, Michele.

The pools are great, the hotel's beach is exquisite (the finest sand i've ever felt under my feet), the Adriatic sea is as blue as the Mediterranean sea. And the old town (gorgeous) is at walking distance from the hotel entrance.

It's the perfect destination for perfect holiday.
Alex - Bucharest.

Room Tip: Ask about Michele.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dodosiprietenii
Mariavieste, Direttore at I Melograni, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Alex,
The first thing I have thought when I have read this review is "Wow": because it is not easy to be judged perfect or even almost perfect.
The pleasure has slightly decreased when I have read what you wrote about our breakfast. It’s difficult for me to understand why our breakfast is not appreciated as I am sure it deserves. Because I’m certain it’s not usual in a hotel to find a breakfast as our, where you can taste: fresh homemade pastries, different kind of fresh and fragrant bread, cold cuts and cheese, fresh and syrup fruit, yoghurt, cereals, boiled and scrambled eggs, local honey, biscuits, jam and butter, juices, espresso and cappuccino and a lot of other delicacies. Actually it’s not easy to find in all houses due to the variety of options we offer. But at home everybody choose to have what he prefer: we try to satisfy the majority by giving a large choice….but unfortunately the majority is not everyone!
But the “wow” thinking came back when I have read that you have considered our Hotel “definitely a place to stay and feel good”, even if you believe our rooms are not so luxurious and our breakfast not so perfect for a gourmet; because you caught the sense of our efforts: to let guests feel good by us. Of course we are also lucky to have great pools, fine sand at our beach, a clear blue sea and a gorgeous small town few steps away from our property.
Thanks for judging us "the perfect destination for a perfect holiday" (and thanks on behalf of Michele, too). I hope to see you again at the Hotel I Melograni!
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We had a lovely experience having our holiday in Vieste and staying at Melograni hotel for its great location - 10 minutes walk away from the amazing historical center, its great staff - very friendly, available and helpful (grazie sopratutto a Michele :)), great animation team, full of energy. The rooms are very clean and quite big, the pizzeria restaurant offers a good menu, as for breakfast I personally would have like to have more local fruits and Italian yogurts :). Otherwise, we have not tried the restaurant for lunch/dinner as there are a wide choice of terraces and restaurants in Vieste.
The swimming pools are beautiful, large and clean, suitable both for children and adults.
Beach is also clean, with fine sand and the sea was warm and nice.
I highly recommend this hotel, as value for money is correct. Ramona

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ramona M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

A good location for the beach although the rooms with good views are limited. 10 minutes walk away from town so off-season one of the more centrally located hotels may suit you better. On our arrival we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant and regretted it, breakfast was better but basic. That said, we stayed in two hotels while in Puglia and the service from the reception at the Melograni was far better than at the luxury hotel we stayed at in Sevelleteri. They helped us with public transport, arranged trips for us, provided maps, booked restaurants. And the barman, the breakfast waiters were always helpful. The pools area is amazing - although cold in May. I would definitely recommend a trip to Vieste, and at least one day in the forest. This hotel is good for families and there are plenty of restaurants and markets in town so overall would say don't let the food put you off

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Happiest_swimming
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here with my family for one night on my way to Gargano. The hotel is located inside a resort area with small houses and services. The two swimming pools are the highlight of the hotel. They are very large, nicely located, very clean and well maintained. Worth staying even just for them. The beach is very nice in June and services reasonably priced.The hotel building is instead more impersonal and of average quality. Rooms are very clean but rather small and cheaply decorated. Definitely not at par with the 4 star category. The balance depends on what the guest is looking for.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank baol1969
The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 September 2012

-2012 We visite this hotel for the second time.
It is amore than lovely hotel and staff, it is a kind of family hotel.
Gargano is so beautiful and Vieste where the hotel is, is so romantique.
Beach is clean nice sea, every thing is perfect.
a place to be!!!
M

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We had a great time at this hotel.
The staff were very helpful and pleasant particularly Michele at the front desk who was extremely professional.
The location is good a 15-20 min walk into vieste which was just perfect with a variety of restaurants and bars.
The hotel has it's own slice of beach reached via an underground walkway so the road was not an issue. We had our own dedicated spot with umbrellas on the beach which was so relaxing instead of searching for somewhere daily.
The rooms and public areas were very clean. The rooms were pleasant although the balconies did not have any views but this is really due the design of the hotel.
The pool area was very nice never crowded and there was a nice cafe to get coffees ect.
We found the breakfast ok the same as anywhere really.
There was quite a large group of us 15 in all four families travelling with older teenagers. The teenagers were booked into economy rooms but the hotel staff upgraded them all to standard which was really nice.
Michele was really helpful in booking restaurants and transport one evening.
Parking was not an issue for us it was easy to find a space. I had been concerned prior to going re the campsite but this was fine it didn't impact on us at all. In fact there was a little shop on site that was very handy.
I would have no hesitation in returning or in recommending this area and this hotel. We didn't come across any other British tourists whilst we were there as it seems to be a very Italian destination for holidays.
My only advice would be leave plenty of time for travelling back to the airport as terrible traffic resulted in us missing our flights.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends