“Nice spot on Simius Playa / Villasimius”
Review of Hotel Simius Playa

Hotel Simius Playa
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Villasimius
GreenLeadersGold level
“Nice spot on Simius Playa / Villasimius”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Dear all,

we spent 6 nights in the hotel in early July this year. We booked the room over booking.com and also got disappointed by the old room, which was not what we expected based on the pictures. I talked to the receptionist and we got a new furnished room next day - for the same price. But I assume we were just lucky, as they had available room. The room was fantastic, completely new, but very little for that price. I think it was too much spending for a hotel room, approx. 250 Euro. We liked the beach - the part of Simius Hotel is absolutaly stunning, it is not crowded at all and there are showers! The hotel will give you also big towels, so no need to bring extra ones!
We did not like the food in the restaurant, the lunch was not very nice and the pizza was terrible. I would not recommend to eat in the restaurant at all. The breakfast is almost the same, so if I would run this resort, I will change definatelly the breakfast menu and the quality of the food.
We liked the swimming pool a lot and bar area was absolutely stunning for a drink in the evening. The people in hotel were very friendly and did their best, however you must be lucky to get a new furnished room.
This was not for me - Value for Money - I think it is quiet overpriced, as the whole Villasimius village and I will recommend to go somewhere else, as you find a stunning beaches around the Southern Sardinia. You could easily find a spot on the beach and pay much less money for accomodation. See the cities as Chia, little villages around Villasimius.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adriana J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Paris
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Positives: Very nice staff; good location with a fantastic and not-so-crazy-packed beach (we were there on August 1st so definitely peak season). The Villasimius town is cute & a nice place to spend evenings in.

Prefer a Superior Room, the standard rooms (tested two) don't have much sunlight and can be strangely set up.

Negatives: Average breakfast, internet in the rooms doesn't really work (during the 3 days we were there at least)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Liège, Belgium
Reviewed 1 August 2013

If you like overpriced and old-fashioned hotels, this place is for you. Otherwise, look for something else.

We booked via booking.com a room at this hotel for 6 nights. Superior room with view and balcony, price for 6 nights : 1740 eur. We had seen the pictures on the booking.com site and on the hotel’s site, the pics were showing a very light room, with design and modern bathroom amenities, nice furniture. The room shown in the pics was obviously either new or very recently refurbished.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were taken to our room, which was dark and had no balcony. We asked the reception for another room. First answer : impossible, hotel is full. We were told to take the room and wait until 9.00 PM until the person responsible for the reservations would be back. We refused to take the room, and had to heavily insist on meeting or at least talking to someone sooner than 09.00 PM.

We met the hotel’s manager : his solution was to put us in another room, with balcony this time.

That room had indeed a balcony, but the room had not had any renovation since at least 20 years : the tiles on the bathroom walls were an ugly and very old fashioned pinkish color, some tile joints were cracked, the shower was a very basic shower cabin also old and not totally clean, toilet seat so old that it turned yellowish, the airco unit was noisy, no style, no taste, worn carpet, worn furniture, nothing that matched that price segment (290 EUR = 385 USD = 254 GBP per night !!!). His comment : "this is normal we advertise the best rooms with the nicest pictures on the website".

See for yourself the pics in this review and the ones on their website. You'll understand why we felt it was unfair. I want to point out that we regularly travel (both leisure and professional), I know you can't have exactly what's shown on web pics, but here the difference was way too big.

We refused this room, and proposed to pay for the first night although we had not even used the room, and cancel the rest without charge. The hotel manager refused. The only compromise he proposed was a 15% discount on extras (who would take extras when you’re treated that way ?) and free access to the 2nd row on the beach (which normally costs you an extra 20 eur/person/day !!!) .

We felt this proposal was totally unfair, and we decided to “salvage” the rest of our holiday and leave. We have found another hotel. Of course we regretted losing that money, but we did not regret changing for another hotel, which was great (see our other review).

Room Tip: No idea how to get a room that matches what you see on the site, be very careful if you book
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Thierry_Bea
SimiusPlaya, Direttore at Hotel Simius Playa, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear costumer,

I remember very well you and your threats…
We propose you more than one solution in order to found an accommodation right for you and you wife.. But the problem was not the room, was other… and I really don’t need to tell you what I’m talking in about…
Also booking.com, when we call together, have told you that you have not right.
I easily can image lose some money is not a god deal… , but was one your decision.
We had advised you… if you leave we have to keep the money , than if we will able to sell back the room you will be refunded. Unfortunately this it did not happen.
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a few days in early July. We booked 2 rooms with sea views and they were beautifully furnished and had breathtaking views of the sea and the bay. The location of the hotel in metres from the sandy beach and was perfect for a luxurious beach holiday. The hotel was wonderful but it was the staff who made it that little bit special. They were courteous, helpful and friendly and we were made very welcome. Although we have never been to the hotel before we are already planning our next trip and can see why so many people return year after year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Tartu, Estonia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed three nights and had one Junior suite and one standard room. Nothing very special about the rooms, but resting area with sofa in suite terrace was the best. Service and food was good in hotel ´restaurants, but best was the bar in the evenings with nice pool lights and rich choice of drinks. Beach is few steps from hotel and to the small nice city Villsimius with many different restaurants are only 15 min walking distance. Standard room was not so big as usually.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Salzburg, Austria
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I spent 10 days here and chose the location for its proximity to the beach. The staff is very friendly, helpful and fluent in several languages (German, English, French..). Our room was smaller than we had expected and the interior is not very modern. The hotel in general is clean and well maintained. We enjoyed the pool area with its palm trees and the beach. In the evenings entertainment is offered by the pool (live singers, bands). Breakfast at the hotel is delicious and sardinian/italian specialties are served for dinner.
We did enjoy our stay, but feel that the location is slightly overpriced. Good honeymoon location though.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katrin S
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in great location near beach and with nice resting area with pool, but it definetly has problem with staff knowledge of using credit cards.
I stay here for 3 nights from 19-22 of June 2013. I made reservation throught booking.com , in day of reservation they charge me 250 euros (in booking.com there was information that no advance payment will be charged or made). At the last day the hotel charged from my credit card 600 euros which is the cost of my stay.When I checked out they charged me second time 600 euros. Tottally from my bank account was charged 850 euros more than acctually I had to pay??
Now I am solving this problem with help of my bank , but I am still have not get back my 850 euros.
I have travelled in more than 40 countries and its first hotel where I have such a problem!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank GustavsCESU
SimiusPlaya, Direttore at Hotel Simius Playa, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Dear costumer,
I will really appreciate when your bank “will discover” how the pre-authorization for the credit card works , if you could write another review to ask sorry for the mistake of your bank.
We didn’t charge € 850 more.
Best regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villasimius
Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna
Hotel Costa dei Fiori
Hotel Costa dei Fiori
#2 of 14 in Santa Margherita di Pula
La Villa del Re - Adults Only Hotel

Been to Hotel Simius Playa? Share your experiences!