I surprised my husband for his birthday and booked this resort after seeing great reviews on Trip Advisor. Upon our arrival, it did not disappoint. It was situated off the main road, tucked into the hills, with very beautiful grounds. We walked in to a warm reception by the staff, even though it was close to 10 pm. We were given an upgrade to a sea view room, which was a nice bonus. The day bed in our room was a pleasant surprise. The room was very spacious, nicely appointed, and with a very large bathroom and balcony.
We chose the bed & breakfast option, which was fantastic and just what we needed to start the day. There was a beautiful pool area just off the breakfast room (great view while eating breakfast), and another below, but it was too cold to take a dip (the weather, not necessarily the water!). We had great recommendations from the staff on activities and restaurants to eat at locally. We enjoyed the place Santa Maria (or similarly named) just down the street which was recommended. Also, we took a hike just up the hill from the hotel (follow the outdoor parking lot road) which had great views...an early morning hike before breakfast. And also did the Cape Cabonara hike - the pictures we took of the view are beyond amazing.
Overall, it was a wonderfully relaxing stay, and we enjoyed the resort immensely. We were there for 4 nights and wish we could have stayed longer.
The only issues we came across at the hotel were...
1) In our room, the heating would turn on automatically when the lights came on, and we kept forgetting to turn it off (or if the automatic sensor for turning on the lights came on during the night, i.e turning over), and it could get quite warm. We couldn't turn the temp below 23C.
2) We were at the end of the hall, so the wifi signal was quite weak...but even in the lobby at times it was very weak/slow. It would be something the hotel could consider upgrading or improving.
3) The walls don't seem very soundproof - we could hear others talking. But it was no big deal for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cruccuris Resort is built in typical Mediterranean style with 2 large swimming pools, ample terracing and terracotta colouring which contrasts the blue of the sky and the green of the surrounding beautiful garden. It is situated at the foot of a gently sloping hill overlooking the renowned sandy beach of Campus, only 900mt away from the hotel. Quiet and relaxing, Cruccuris Resort is perfect for those seeking a smaller hotel in tranquil surroundings. Guests can relax peacefully in the gardens or sunbathe by one of the hotel's two swimming pools, where sun-loungers are at their disposal. The hotel offers a private beach at the Hotel Stella Maris (4 km far) where a beach/pool service is available on payment and by reservation according to availability, including sun umbrella, sun bed, beach towel, shuttle at settled times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Cruccuris Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cruccuris Hotel Villasimius
- Cruccuris Resort Sardinia/Villasimius