“Never been disappointed”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Never been disappointed”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

After reading previous reviews I am very surprised that there are negative words about Don Beta. We go there very regularly and have never been disappointed. The food is always very good and the service has also never lacked, even though it is so very busy during the holiday seasons. I'd always make a booking beforehand. Now I am not sure on what level their English is, we speak italian. But generally I find the service nothing but friendly and as quick as it allows in a buzzing restaurant. In the heart of charming mid evil Volterra, the Location is superb, but if coming with a car you will need to walk a few minutes down the pedestrian street. Always packed with locals I dare to say that they serve tasty tuscan/italian food.

• Polish first
Florence, Italy
“Average Service and Food”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

It was pouring rain when my wife and I arrived so we decided to get out of the rain and have some lunch here. The service was a bit slow considering hardly anyone was in there when we came in. My wife ordered a spicy salami pizza which was very greasy due to the enormous amount of cheese they put on it and I ordered the pasta with ragu sauce. My dish was pretty good but nothing to write home about.

“Very poor service”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

The food was alright. We had pizza and a steak. The service was extremely slow and those serving were rude. Their cover charge was about 10% for poor service.

Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A tale of two cities - Volterra today - San Gimignano yesterday”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Sorry but we have to give this restaurant just 2 stars.
Service was fine but food was not good - so promising with a pretty good generous risotto, waiters were helpful with my gluten free needs - others had a soup which was bland to start but then my Boar with Olives dish was dried up - but the worst was my wife and daughter salty sausage and mushy beans (not anything like beans in oil we had had in San Gimignano the day before). My sons pizza was not homemade - the base looked shop bought. My friend beef was grissly. House wine was quite nice.

We didnt stop for coffee or desert. It was still 120 Euros for 5 people.

I'm sure you might be lucky as others seemed happier and it was quite busy and buzzing.

We won't go back here during our holiday.

• Visited April 2014
“Don't see how anyone could write a negative review about this place!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Saw this place in our guide book and decided to give it a try. The menu was reasonably priced. We both had two courses and a bottle of prosecco which came to only €50 which was great considering the quality of the food and service. Would recommend to anyone.