“Great Family Meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We were warmly welcomed by staff eating just before 7pm in this traditional family run restaurant. The host spoke good English and proud that his teacher came from Newcastle. The food was delicious he recommended the antipasto which was your traditional selection of pates, meats, bread and cheese the flavours were delicious. Pasta with wild boar and another with Pork were excellent and the children had pizzas that they enjoyed. If you are looking for perfect service akin to the Dorchester then this is not for you but if you want a traditional Tuscan experience and not be vexed by minor service indescretions then you will love it. 70 Euros inc a bottle of wine great value. The restaurant is tucked away at the end of Via Don Minzoni walking away from the centre and museums trust me it is worth hunting it out.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We ate here for an evening meal just before 7pm. Welcomed in and offered to sit inside as the evening was a bit chilly. Food was very good. I had the Pici pasta with wild boar which was absolutely wonderful, the only shame is that I couldn't eat it all as it was a very generous portion size! My husband and children had the pork and steak - the pork was exceptionally good. I would recommend a visit here, child and family friendly.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Not directly in the main center of Volterra, this restaurant offers a very quite atmosphere. We sat outside at the small but very nice terrace during this warm evening.
The food was very good, in particular our pasta meals, we also did not have any difficulty to finish our bottle of rosé.
This experience was also great due to a very considerate waiter. I would definitely recommend Osteria La Pace.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

During our visit we had dinner in this restaurant. Very good place with good food and the owner is very nice as well as the other staff. Had fresh home made spagetthi and the others had fresh pizza. Strongly recommend this place!!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family and I ate here for our last meal in Italy and weren't disappointed!

We were a little early for Italian standards, so there was no ambiance when we arrived (19:00), but luckily the food more than made up for the initial experience...

We split a buscetta starter (melted cheese and bacon) and a mixed Tuscan platter. There were certainly no complaints at the table...

For the 1st plate, my wife and I both had the Strozzapreti (pasta) with a Wild Boar Ragu sauce... The boar was slow cooked and just disintegrated using our forks alone. For my 2nd plate, my father and I split a 500g Bistecca alla Fiorentina (local T-bone) and were not disappointed.

To drink, we split a couple of carafes of house wine, which was super affordable at 8 Euros per Litre...it wouldn't win any awards for depth, but it certainly matched the character of the restaurant and was eminently drinkable.

All in all, a very enjoyable meal with reasonably good service meant that we would certainly seek Osteria La Pace out again if we were in Volterra!