“Bullseye!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Difficult to chance on a "bullseye" with three to four hundred places to choose from. The frittata with black truffles was exquisite, the pappardelle al lepre definitely to be recommended and the Manager's advice as to wine nothing short of excellent. The Manager has worked in Leeds and Boisdale in London; he has superb wit which was the icing on the cake of this memorable experience.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Went in for a quick lunch with my parents and husband and ended up with 3 courses! My mum and I both had the bruschetta to start which was very simple but very tasty. The Tuscan style soup was enjoyed very much by my dad and husband. The mains were also very lovely and the portions a nice size so didn't leave feeling stuffed! My mum, husband and I stuck to a relatively simple dish of pici spaghetti bolognese whilst my dad went for the ravioli with hare sauce and none of us could resist the tiramisu to finish (it really is fab, best one I had in Italy and I tried my best to sample many!!) the staff were really friendly and service was efficient but not rushed. Perfect.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We always go here at least once every time we visit Volterra, and this year was no exception. Their wild boar is excellent, and the first time I tried their tiramisu I thought it must be the best in the world. Theirs is of the more liquid variety, so if you prefer the firm cake-type you may disagree, but to me it is still the best. The waiters look like they are really enjoying their work.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We decided for this place as it was a little off the main square and looked promising. We were not disappointed. We were treated to excellent local cuisine (fresh fish and spagetti al chianti) and very professional service. The place was very clean and staff very nice (apparently family-run restaurant), repeatedly enquiring about our satisfaction. We recommend this place for a good lunch.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Had a delicious lunch. Service was great and they were super friendly. When we asked for a cheese plate of the menu they made us one with local cheese made by the servers husband! A very good experience.