“Great lunch in Volterra”
Review of Ombra della Sera

Ombra della Sera
Ranked #27 of 89 Restaurants in Volterra
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Lanaken, Belgium
“Great lunch in Volterra”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We had a decent lunch in this nice little restaurant in de center of Volterra.
Great traditional tuscan recipes like, papa al pomodoro and zuppa di fagioli are their on the menu. Together with a nice selection of primi and secondi (meat and fish) the menu card is more than complete. Their Tiramisu is fabulous!

The wine-list isn't very extended but what they offer is pretty good and not over expensive. The owner of the place is always there when it comes to choosing a wine.

A place to look after when you're in Volterra!

Manhattan Beach, California
“Cusine and service unbeatable”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We wandered in on a rainy night and stayed for 3 hours- it made our trip to Volterra. Server explained every course in great english, showed us the kitchen and insisted on the tiramisu, it was the best I ever ate! Wild boar pasta, rabbit, vegetable soup, local wine, all superb. We went back 2 days later for another meal. Wish it was in my hometown.

• Visited October 2013
Bournemouth
“One of our favourite restaurants in Volterra”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

You know the food is going to be good when the locals stop and tell you this is their favourite restaurant. We've been living and working on and off in Volterra for two years and this restaurant is always very friendly and happy to see us. Luca speaks brilliant English, so that's always easier. The owner Massimo is very welcoming with a glass of Prosecco and the other staff are friendly and attentive. The food is great, the wine is great, we always enjoy our visit. Sitting outside in the summer is lovely too.

Thank you very much.

• Visited August 2013
Massa Marittima, Italy
“Bullseye!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Difficult to chance on a "bullseye" with three to four hundred places to choose from. The frittata with black truffles was exquisite, the pappardelle al lepre definitely to be recommended and the Manager's advice as to wine nothing short of excellent. The Manager has worked in Leeds and Boisdale in London; he has superb wit which was the icing on the cake of this memorable experience.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch, fabulous tiramisu!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Went in for a quick lunch with my parents and husband and ended up with 3 courses! My mum and I both had the bruschetta to start which was very simple but very tasty. The Tuscan style soup was enjoyed very much by my dad and husband. The mains were also very lovely and the portions a nice size so didn't leave feeling stuffed! My mum, husband and I stuck to a relatively simple dish of pici spaghetti bolognese whilst my dad went for the ravioli with hare sauce and none of us could resist the tiramisu to finish (it really is fab, best one I had in Italy and I tried my best to sample many!!) the staff were really friendly and service was efficient but not rushed. Perfect.