“Amazing location, beautiful hotel.”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and 7month baby stayed at the Park Hotel at the end of May 2014. We paid extra for the lake view and it was definitely worth it. The room was spacious with plenty of wardrobe space and a great shower (no bath). The bed was firm and amazingly comfortable. The location was amazing you could walk to the small pebbled beaches where the water was freezing (in May) but clean, clear and the fish would come right up to the shore. It is in the centre of Desenzano so all the restaurants, shops, etc are literally outside the hotel or a few minutes stroll. We were never disappointed with the food and the pizzas were absolutely amazing.

There is a small pool area on the roof top with loungers. The pool was freezing cold even in the afternoon but we still went for a dip. The breakfast is delicious but I felt the hot options were basic compared to other 4 star hotels I have stayed at. The options were only scrambled eggs (egg station on Sunday), and bacon. The rest was cold such as cereal, cheese, fruits and cakes. They also served delicious cappacino and there was always a baby seat available.

There is no kettle or iron in the whole hotel. When I needed hot/sterlised water for the baby I had to go to reception who were always happy to fill it with hot water and it did not take long. They only have a chargeable pressing service so if you want ironed clothes bring your own travel iron. All the staff were very helpful and friendly and there was free wi fi if you asked for the codes. We hired a car mainly to travel from Verona airport to Desenzano which was really easy.mYou have to leave the car keys with reception so they can move it if it is blocking other cars or they park it in their underground car park or bring it up when you need it.

My only main negative was when I booked I had requested a cot for the baby. When I arrived they said I had not replied to their e-mail so they did not place a cot in the bedroom. (I had informed them I had not received the e-mail. I can only assume it went in my junk mail. When I left for the trip I thought if they had no cot I would just have baby sleep in the bed). When we said we did want one they were super speedy at getting one in the room within minutes and the mattress was very thick compared to the usual thin types. However it was only at checkout we realised they charged us 20 euros a night for the cot. They knew I had not received their e-mail with the charge detail and did not mention it at check in otherwise I would have opted not to have it. In the end we only had to pay for half the total cot charge even though I felt I should not have because I was not informed of the charges.

Overall I would recommend the hotel because it has a great location, friendly staff and good modern facilities with only a few issues which as long as you are aware of its not a problem. There are no children's activities at the hotel so I can't comment. I accidently pressed the rating 'children's activities' but can't unselect it so please ignore it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Thaps

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Myself and my wife stayed here for 9 nights and have loved every minute of it, a beautiful hotel with a fantastic room. We had a room with a balcony looking directly out to the lake, it had aircon and free wifi, some great little touches with little evening biscuits and a card with the weather forecast for the next day appearing in the room when we got back from dinner. Considering Italians don't really do breakfast, it was great.....loads of choice, great quality and attentive staff. Speaking of the staff they were always friendly and polite and ready and eager to help, they were happy to speak English (it was probably easier for them that having to try and decider my Italian!) Alberto is a fantastic ambassador for the hotel, a lovely guy always willing to help, give advice and information and also just chat about what you have been up to.....whatever he's paid it's not enough. Overall a fantastic hotel, well run, beautifully presented and in a lovely town on a fantastic lake, what's not to like.....enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night as part of our anniversary trip to Verona, we stayed in an executive sea view room, a lovely spacious room (apart from too firm bed) with a large balcony with views over Garda and beyond to the mountains. We sat out in the balcony with a glass of wine with this fantastic view! We had a bottle of Soave in the downstairs bar/seating area which was very pleasant if a little quiet but we did stay outside of season. We dined at alla Stella not far from the hotel which was fantastic. The hotel is in a great location, and with its own rooftop swimming pool which I am sure is busy in the summer!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LondonKymani
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Park Hotel - a place where you can be sure everything is perfect. Rooms, service, breakfast, location, ammenities.

Stuff is very friendly, first of all "Max". Great job!

This hotel is a perfect recommendation. Look forward to meet Aki...!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hanneele
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel on business recently having stayed here a few times in the past. Once again it didnt let me down. The location is great, right on the banks of the lake and close to the ferries for exploring the lake. The staff are very friendly and the free wifi is a bonus. The breakfast buffet offers plenty of choice and you can eat outside when the weather allows. I had a room with a lake view which was great and it had a small terace too. Rooms are clean and contain everything you need.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed for three nights in January, in room 472 which was an "Executive double room with lake view". The lake views certainly didn't disappoint as the balcony was more of a terrace with chairs and a table, overlooking the lake and on to the mountains beyond. The room itself was clean, well decorated and had everything you'd want. The only gripe we had was that Wi-fi wasn't included free. Breakfast was extensive and delicious every day but the restaurant was closed as it was out of season so we headed into the town for dinner each night. The staff were friendly and attentive, giving us a map and enthusing about the places in the town which we should visit.

Overall, we weren't sure about Desenzano as it's a large town but it turned out the lake front was great and the town had plenty to offer, plus it's well situated for reaching the other towns nearby. The Park Hotel had an absolutely fantastic location within it. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph M
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in September. Our Executive Double room with lake view turned out to have the lake view "from the balcony", not from the room proper, which was quite dark. We took a dinner package, and while the food was fine, the restaurant was very quiet and lacked atmosphere. The swimming pool on the roof was small. Our car got dented in the underground car park, which operates on the basis of valet parking only, and this was not dealt with to our satisfaction. The staff were friendly and efficient, and the location is good.
The acid test is 'would we go back to the Park Hotel'. The answer is 'No'.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a lake view from the room, not just from the balcony.