The over-riding best feature of this hotel is its postion. It is situated by the very picturesque inner harbour of Desenzano with restaurants and shops right on its doorstep. Because of this wonderful location there is no parking at the hotel, but the hotel have an arrangement with a nearby (around 400 metres away) car park. We travelled with my husband's elderly mother who has walking difficulties, but there was no problem collecting the car and then picking her up outside the hotel door. The car park costs 9 euros a day.Rooms were compact but clean and comfortable and have everything you need for a pleasant stay. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and of good quality and can be taken either inside or outside overlooking the harbour. Desenzano is a good base for touring Lake Garda, either by car or by boat, as there are regular ferry services to the major towns on the lake. All in all we were delighted with this resort and the Hotel Piroscafo and we would love to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ownership and the management of the Hotel Piroscafo by the Segattini family originates at the early part of the last century. At that time transport on the lake was by sailboats which could enter into the harbour. Travellers found accommodation and food in the hostelry known as Locanda Stella. The final renovation of the building was carried out at the start of the 1980's and the business took on the present characteristics, that of an hotel in a central location with a view of the quaint old harbour. It is of particular delight to those visitors who wish to stay in the traditional centre of Desenzano, taking advantage of the comforts that only the centre can offer: proximity to shops, restaurants and bars, the port and the other amenities of a typical small lakeside town. From the terrace on the first floor one has a privileged view of the main square of the town and guests may relax or sun bathe there, taking advantage of the bar service or the shows and concerts organised by the town council in the evenings during summer. The Hotel is equipped with a lift that serves nearly all rooms: only a few rooms need to be accessed by the stairs.The rooms are soberly furnished with modern and linear furnishings, equipped with colour SAT TV, direct telephone line, safe, air conditioning and internet Wi-Fi connection. All rooms are equipped with private bathroom, with shower or bath tube and hairdryer. Some have a small exclusive balcony with view on the harbour or direct access to the communal terrace situated on the first floor, and they could be booked on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Piroscafo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piroscafo Hotel Desenzano Del Garda
- Hotel Piroscafo Desenzano Del Garda, Lake Garda, Italy