We had a lovely two week holiday at the Hotel Piroscafo June/July 2014. The hotel is situated on an ancient harbour and the view from the balcony is beautiful. The staff are so polite, hard working and helpful. The sheets and towels were changed daily. The continental breakfast was more than adequate. The hotel sits on the town square and many nights musicians came along to entertain us. A lot of these ended with dancing and the square was full of laughter. The restaurants around the harbour were all excellent. There is an good train service and . Verona and Milan are easily accessible by train. The ferries, too, were reliable and it was nice to visit other towns on the lake. We holidayed with our daughter and son-in-law from Australia and they were enchanted by Lake Garda. I cannot think of a better place to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ownership and the management of the Hotel Piroscafo by the Segattini family originates at the early part of the last century. At that time transport on the lake was by sailboats which could enter into the harbour. Travellers found accommodation and food in the hostelry known as Locanda Stella. The final renovation of the building was carried out at the start of the 1980's and the business took on the present characteristics, that of an hotel in a central location with a view of the quaint old harbour. It is of particular delight to those visitors who wish to stay in the traditional centre of Desenzano, taking advantage of the comforts that only the centre can offer: proximity to shops, restaurants and bars, the port and the other amenities of a typical small lakeside town. From the terrace on the first floor one has a privileged view of the main square of the town and guests may relax or sun bathe there, taking advantage of the bar service or the shows and concerts organised by the town council in the evenings during summer. The Hotel is equipped with a lift that serves nearly all rooms: only a few rooms need to be accessed by the stairs.The rooms are soberly furnished with modern and linear furnishings, equipped with colour SAT TV, direct telephone line, safe, air conditioning and internet Wi-Fi connection. All rooms are equipped with private bathroom, with shower or bath tube and hairdryer. Some have a small exclusive balcony with view on the harbour or direct access to the communal terrace situated on the first floor, and they could be booked on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Piroscafo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piroscafo Hotel Desenzano Del Garda
- Hotel Piroscafo Desenzano Del Garda, Lake Garda, Italy