I know a few people who have been to Lake Garda and everyone seems to have the same story....Lake Garda isn amazing, but our hotel was not. It seems that due to it's amazing location, the hotels and B&Bs can get away with being less that great.
Hotel Vittoria was actually pretty good value and a nice hotel - but please note that I am comparing this to the standard of mid-range hotels in Lake Garda, and not mid range hotels generally.
1. The staff are all lovely, say hello and help you out wherever they can booking taxi and tours and will even lend you a bottle opener if you need one.
2. Location/view - Unless youre willing to pay sky high prices this is probably the best view you will get in Descenzano. It is right on the sea front and near all the restaurants and bars. You can can practically sleep walk yourself to the ferry port to catch the first ferry in the morning. In saying that, if youre not willing to pay the extra for the sea view room, there are probably cheaper places you can stay and get a similar standard room. We had a sea view room and as it was our honeymoon asked if we could have "thier best view" - we were given a room on the first floor which had a HUGE terrace rather than a small balcony - so if you don't mind sending a cheeky email - ask for this room!
3. The breakfast selection is quite good. Again, I am comparing this to breakfasts in italian resorts, so don't go expecting a full english or blueberry pancakes. Its a good continental buffet with cerieal, pastries, cakes, scambled eggs and toast. however by day 6 we were pretty bored of being served exactly the same selection everyday.
1. If you are hoping for a relaxing quiet stay this may not be the hotel for you. It is RIGHT next to the marina which is the hub for bars and restaurants. We were there over the August bank holiday and it was party central. We are young, so were not returning to our hotel until quite late and enjoyed the lively atmosphere.... but if you like your early nights definitely don't book this hotel when the italians are in Lake Garda to party.
3. The plumbing lets say, must be ancient at this hotel. A few times we were woken in the night by noises from pipes roaring loudly as the heating came off and on. We got used to it but it was irritating...
Overall its a great place to stay if you want easy access to public transport and a send to none view of the lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Vittorio enjoys a wonderful position in front of Desenzano's harbour and Lake Garda. Rooms are tastefully furnished, offer nice views, and include air conditioning and a satellite TV. All rooms of the Vittorio offer free Wi-Fi. Some overlook the historic centre and the harbor, some feature a balcony with a view of the lake. Vittorio Hotel serves a varied buffet breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Vittorio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vittorio Hotel Desenzano Del Garda
- Hotel Vittorio Desenzano Del Garda, Lake Garda, Italy