Hotel Mayer & Splendid
City Hotel(Desenzano Del Garda)
US$152
US$147
Tripoli Hotel(Desenzano Del Garda)
US$173
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Berta(Desenzano Del Garda)(Great Value!)
US$157
Relais Du Lac(Desenzano Del Garda)
US$155
US$151
  • Pool
Health House(Desenzano Del Garda)
US$140
US$105
Hotel Giardinetto(Desenzano Del Garda)
US$155
Hotel Bonotto(Desenzano Del Garda)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$170
  • Breakfast included
Park Hotel(Desenzano Del Garda)
US$251
US$235
Travelocity
  • Pool
Hotel Benaco(Desenzano Del Garda)
US$179
Estee Hotel(Desenzano Del Garda)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspressed orange juicejunior suitelake gardafree bottle of wineten night staylocation is fantastickept spotlessmachine coffeeferry stopsmall gymthe air conditioningnumerous restaurantsthree stargreat base for exploringbig roomlovely bathroomfabulous views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2013

just returned from a 5 night stay at this hotel. We very much enjoyed our time here and found it to be a very relaxing place. The rooms and bathrooms have had a makeover in recent times, and our bedroom was of reasonable size. Unfortunately during our stay I received word that my mother had passed away. The staff could not have been kinder, doing everything for us in order to get home quickly. They didn't charge us for the extra two nights that we had booked. I would certainly recommend this hotel and would return.

Room Tip: the second floor, facing the lake, was excellent
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Phyllis T
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife my son and I spent one night here in October 2012. We were on our way to Venice, which is not too far, but we had been driving for many hours and desperately needed a rest.
The staff were very polite and friendly both upon arrival, when they eagerly helped us to find parking, and throughout our stay.
The hotel has a perfect location. It is beautifully decorated and very classy. Our room was spacious and clean with an impressive bathroom and offered a great view to the lake.
Since my experiences from one night stays are generaly not very good, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality, the service and the excellent value for money offered by this hotel which does not seem to "discriminate" against "one-nighters".

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife and I after reading the reviews at trip Adviser spent our summer vacation at the Mayer and Splendid Hotel We there for a week in the first week of July and our experience at the hotel was totaly an enjoyable one I upgraded our room to a suit facing the lake with a large balcony The extra was reasonable and worth it We had a great view of the lake and enjoyed sitting on the big balcony The location of the hotel is excellent right in front of the ferries that travel around Lake Garda The breakfast was sufficient with fresh orange juice every day
The staff Guendalina Angela Ambra and Stefania were extremly curtious and helpfull Paolo the manager was also very helpfull with all our requests
The suit we had was big and clean and the bathroom was also very big and recently renovated
I can say we totally enjoyed our stay at the hotel which added to our wonderfull experience at Lake Garda

Room Tip: Ask for a lake facing room even it may cost a little more it is worth it
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank henry r
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My partner and I travelled on a Treyn holiday in July. There were 35 people in the party. From the first evening meal it was evident there were insufficient waiters to serve our party plus other guests and casual diners. A 3 course meal took 2 hours to be served. It became clear that preference was given to non-tour diners. There was no sign of management except during the second 2 hour marathon when a lady came round to collect money for drinks. I spoke to her and said more waiting staff were required. She pretended she did not understand. At her request I spoke more slowly with a surprising outcome. She snatched the 5 euro note I had in my hand to pay for my drink and rushed off. There were 8 people on the table. We were all so taken aback that we just sat there open mouthed. At no time did management make any effort to explain their action. The food was extremely basic with very limited choice. My partner is allergic to eggs. This was advised to Treyn and confirmed to the waiting staff. The evening of the first 2 hour meal resulted in an apple the size of a bowling ball, a kiwi fruit and a sad looking peach. The pudding from the menu arrived frozen! It was impossible to eat it. The apple etc. was repeated on the following evening and immediately sent back. It took about 20 minutes for a fruit salad to appear. Unfortunately the attitude of the management was deplorable which took the edge off the holiday. Clearly the Treyn party was a captive group. An individual diner treated this way would certainly not return.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the bar. Far too noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DavidJ147A3
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Went with my wife after a tip from Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed, on the contrary. We got a spacious room with a ( tiny) balcony overlooking the lake. The reception staff was friendly an very helpful..
The entire hotel has a fantastic ambiance, wher you almost feel how it was in the good old days.

The breakfast was great with lot's to choose from. I especially liked the fresh pressed orange juice. We had to abstain from the Champagne offered as we were driving.

All in all - this must not be missed...

Room Tip: Do not forget to book a parking place (€12/night) if you are arriving by car. You'll be be fined if you park outside the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family