Astoria
Hotel Acquaviva del Garda(Desenzano Del Garda)
US$181
US$169
Hotel Bonotto(Desenzano Del Garda)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$122
  • Breakfast included
Park Hotel(Desenzano Del Garda)
US$319
US$302
  • Pool
Palace Hotel(Desenzano Del Garda)
US$200
Admiral Hotel Villa Erme(Desenzano Del Garda)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$122
Hotel Europa(Desenzano Del Garda)
US$147
US$132
Hotel Nazionale(Desenzano Del Garda)
US$202
US$164
Villa Rosa Hotel(Desenzano Del Garda)
US$250
US$240
Hotel Piccola Vela(Desenzano Del Garda)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Villa Maria(Desenzano Del Garda)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgreat locationacveronalakeboat
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We are a group of five pals that travelled to the Astoria Hotel last week. It was a really lovely hotel, the owners were extremely helpful and really couldn't do enough for us. I am a Coeliac and they provided me with my own toaster and even cooked me a cake. Would highly recommend this hotel, it was spotless and very near the town. The rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels were provided daily also.The train station is also nearby so it was very handy to travel to Verona or Milan or Venice. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: We had two rooms, one double and one triple and both were lovely and airy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank CarBrad1965
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This place is a great option for all those travelling on a budget and it's literally 2 minutes away from the town centre! We paid 36 euros per person per night.The welcoming at the hotel was really warm, as the lady at the reception gave us useful information about the area and a map explaining how to get around.
We were given a large, quiet room with an extra bed. The bathroom facilities were modern and the room was spotlessly clean.
All members of staff were very helpful, especially Gisberto (who I had booked the room with), who was very friendly and informative. He was very nice offering to help us before we even got there regarding train times, buses, etc.
The breakfast was amazing too, it catered for all tastes. Everything was fresh and refilled when it had started running low.
Highly recommended hotel with a warm family environment and amazing staff! Travelled as a couple, stayed there March 2012.

Room Tip: We had room 206, very quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fluffehead
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Me and my wife stayed in Astoria for 8 days during our fall vacation. Our overall impression is mixed, so I'll stick to the list of the things we liked and did not.

Pros:
The hotel is well situated - 2 minutes walking from the lake itself and extra 10 minutes to the ferry stop. Good access to Milano-Venice highway.
It has a big enough parking lot - it always had space for our car.
The stuff (the owners) are very friendly and sincerely caring, speak good english. They were extremely nice to give us two free GardaLand tickets.
The room had free Wi-Fi (very convinient for those who not yet switched to 3G+WiFi tethering).
The room had 20' LCD with RGB connector, so we projected movies from our netbook.
The top floor has an open terrace with a view to the lake and tables to sit around.
The breakfast was very tasty.

Cons:
The elevator was broken for two days. The stuff was quite upset by this and apologized all the time. They even gave us a teapot with tea for free. The day after the elevator was fixed, evening tea costed us 2 euro.
The shampoo and the soap were the worst I ever saw in hotels - had to buy our own.
The furniture was primitive and outdated.
AC was old and noisy, however cooled well.
The door wasn't soundproof at all, and we were disturbed by other guests going through the hall.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DimaDD
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I spent four nights at the Astoria last week and it was truly delightful! I walked from the station with one bag on good wheels...all downhill and it took me about 20 mins. (I did take a taxi back to the station uphill!)

The owner, Gisberto, and his family were as helpful as anyone could be. At check in, I was provided timetables for the lake boats and a map of the lake with the most desirable cities circled as he told me about each one. The room was not modern, but spotlessly clean! But the bathroom was very modern. Breakfast was very nice...much better than average. A good selection and very fresh.

I had no problem with noise, but I always have earplugs with me when I travel!

I can't say enough about the staff. Every day they patiently spoke to me in Italian when I am sure English would have been easier for them. They became my Italian teachers during my stay.

This hotel was very good value for the money. It's location for exploring this magnificent lake was perfect. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sherrypalmbeach
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My partner and I stayed in Astoria Hotel for 7 nights in September 2011. This was our second visit to this hotel in past 3 years.

The hotel is ideally located for attractions and is low cost with always helpful and very friendly staff. Rooms are clean and bathrooms have been recently upgraded although showers are a little small.

Rooms are air conditioned which is essential in this climate!!

The hotel offers a perfect base for an extremely relaxing stay on beautiful Lake Garda.Venice and Verona are an easy train journey away (although the train station is a 25 minute uphill walk from the Hotel).

Overall a very pleasant hotel which we will be using again the f
uture. Excellent value for money!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple