“Best choice: staff extremely courteous and professional”
Review of Astoria

Astoria
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great location, easy access to the lake (2 minutes walk) and to the center. The room I stayed was very comfortable, clean and also very quiet. Worth to mention is the staff, extremely courteous, professional and friendly, they make you feel welcome from the time you walk in the door till the time you have to depart. I just loved it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Robi572

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I recently spent a very enjoyable six days at this hotel, which made a great base for exploring Lake Garda. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful throughout. My room was basic, but very acceptable. I had a spacious balcony. The bathroom was good. Everything was clean and well maintained, and breakfast was very good. It's well located - you can get anywhere around Lake Garda from here, and the hotel is a short stroll from bus stops and the boat stop. All in all, good value in what is a popular location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Have just stayed at the Astoria for 1 week and had a lovely time there.
Room a nice size and clean. Roof terrace nice for the views and relaxing afternoons. Drinks can be bought at the hotel bar and taken up there.
Owner and staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We arrived at this hotel in the afternoon and had a very friendly greeting from Ada the manageress. I am sorry to say that this hotel was very disappointing and is very shabby. if rated as a two star then it would let others know what to expect. Location was excellent but amenities where poor.

Room Tip: We where offered an alternative room but the standard remained the same but larger room. The bathroo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We arrived in the afternoon and were warming greeted by stefanie. Very chatty and friendly lady. We were given tips about getting around and given maps for Desenzano.

The rooms are ok. I was not too pleased about not having a kettle and cups in the room because I love my tea! Soon forgot about it because my exploration of Lake Garda meant that I was only in the room to sleep and not much else.

Breakfast was perfect! They are every attentive and with a selection to please even the fussiest of eaters(I was travelling with one). With a terrace on the roof top if you want to enjoy the lake views while enoying a drink or two...what more can one ask for?!

Any questions please contact me via: http://itsallbee.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/big-blue-my-mini-guide-to-lake-garda.html

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We arrived by chance at this hotel and had no reservation on our way to Venice airport.
Since we agreed to stay 2 nights, we were given a nice top floor room adjacent to terrace. and were quoted 80 euro.
Room was pleasant and terrace quite relaxing. Hotel located quite close to everything .
When time came to take leave of our hosts who had been rather nice until then, we were given a bill for 172 euro instead of 160 euro because we paid by credit card.
We live ouside of Europe and had no euro left at the end of our trip.
No mention had been made of this when we agreed to take the room for 2 days and the 2 owners became very loud and angry, even threatening, with us when we told them we were in total disagreement with the price and that they had not
Surprised Guests were having breakfast in the room behind us,.
Obviously, they wanted to make money under the table and not declare this income to the state since we live out of Europe. We payed the amount they asked for and left , a bit shocked, but be sure to go find a Guardia di Finanza (itax inspectors easily found all over) if such a problem arises with you . I intend to them to inform them by mail.

Room Tip: Last floor best because of terrace
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We are a group of five pals that travelled to the Astoria Hotel last week. It was a really lovely hotel, the owners were extremely helpful and really couldn't do enough for us. I am a Coeliac and they provided me with my own toaster and even cooked me a cake. Would highly recommend this hotel, it was spotless and very near the town. The rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels were provided daily also.The train station is also nearby so it was very handy to travel to Verona or Milan or Venice. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: We had two rooms, one double and one triple and both were lovely and airy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends