“Great moment in Folegandros”
Review of Anemi Hotel

Anemi Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Karavostasis
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I staid in Anemi 3 days in August 2013. My first time there. It was a great moment :
> the hotel is modern and design
> the staff is really nice and efficient
> the pool is big (and that's important in Cyclades)
> there are multiple accomodations (tennis, pool, fitness center)
> the food is ok, despite the price a little high

And I need to thank the staff to give us free extra time after check out to wait for our boat. Departure time was 8:30 pm and check-out time was 12pm : and we kept the room till we left ! With a small baby, it was absolutely perfect !

A perfect place for few days in a lost and lovely island...

There are newer reviews for Anemi Hotel

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at the Anemi hotel for 5 days , my husband and I. We enjoyed a lot the hotel, great design, great service, team really helpful , attentive, smiling, . Beautiful room with good bed. The breakfast was good although I prefer buffets but the waitresses were really kind and lovely. And the pool is just great to swim.
Really good address we highly recommend.
By the way, Folegandros is a magic island, beautiful beaches, beautiful Chora.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mfitparis
Reviewed 24 August 2013

From our very first moment after a long tiresome journey,welcomed by delightful ladies, to our sad farewell ouzo,every single moment of the day and evening was enchanting,a magic experience.And once again what makes the difference in such a luxurious resort is the quality and attention of the staff,their charm and willingness to make their guests feel at home and pampered with a light hand and whimsical attention,and make every local resource available.
The design of the hotel is of exceptional quality(global architects should forever take example of such wonderful vernacular landscaping and design).The location minutes from beaches is fine and allows for adventurous walks and bus rides to more remote beaches and Chora, a unique example of greek village.
What else to add:from honeymooners to family holidays as in our case(travel with my wife, daughters and .... mother in law),it's a most rewarding treat.
p.s. breakfast a la carte with local specialities is a feature...the pool perfect with sea water.

1  Thank pap29
Reviewed 21 August 2013

yet another magic hideout in Greece,specifically Folegandros,a small authentic far from the beaten track cycladic island.Anemi Hotel is a real treat ,an oasis of well being,charm and elegance.Thanks to a very special team, supervised by Sophie Vrind,lovely girls and guys, attentive,charming and so helpful from first smile at breakfast to last ouzo at night.Special attention at all times.
Lovely inspiring architecture, ,beautifully groomed gardens,a sensational pool,great and most rewarding a la carte breakfast,and meals at all hours.An ideal retreat for a family vacation or honeymoon!
And the island,remote beaches uncrowded in mid august....What more to be added?

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed at the Anemi for 10 days with our 3 daughters (9, 12 and 14 yr old). We highly recommend this hotel the quality and the attentiveness of the staff made our stay very pleasant and relaxing. Rooms have space and beds are very comfortable. The breakfast is delicious don't miss the greek yoghurt ! if you are still hesitating, Folegandros island is the jewel of Cyclades, a must to see!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Anemi is nice looking and clean. I booked it very early past winter because I thought it would be a great place to keep my very active 5 year old busy and entertained. Unfortunately, it has proven to be a bad choice.

Anemi is a low end designer hotel built under a low budget comparing to luxury hotels at other greek islands. There are some designer furniture but not enough to justify the room price tag at this island. The food is good but the choices are very limited making it difficult if you stay more than a week. Eating at the hotel was expensive (double the price of the local restaurants) but it's the only place where you can find decent food. What irritated me was the price of some items i.e..watermelon juice for 10 euros!!!

The restaurant staff were pleasant and polite. They were accommodating and very quick. The housekeeping people were great as well. The reception people, including the hotel manager were ok but they had poor problem solving skills and they were very slow at making decisions.

Two days before leaving, I requested late check out as our high speed boat was departing at night. I explained that I wouldn't want to have my hyperactive kid running around the hotel all day and I was willing to pay extra to either stay at our one bedroom suite or move to another room for the day. I was totally ignored !!!! The night before check out, I asked the reception again and I was told that our room was already reserved but the receptionist couldn't tell me if there were any other rooms available. At that point I lost my patience and I altered our trip departure to leave in the morning instead which ended up costing us 500 euros more. I felt really bad because the hotel was nowhere near full and it seemed like the business we gave them during our two week stay there was not appreciated.

Bottom line is: you are NOT getting your money's worth at this place. For a family of three you need 600 euros per day for a junior suite, a rental car and food. All of that to be at an island where almost all beaches are not organized and full of sharp rocks. You are better off going to another island for A LOT LESS or go to Mykonos and get your money's worth out of your stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Haritini M
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed at the Anemi for 3 days as a "mini-moon" after our wedding in Athens. It was SUBLIME!

As a Greek living in London, we take our holidays in Greece regularly and we have stayed in similar-level hotels across Greece. I can honestly say the service we experience at the Anemi was the best we have ever experienced - and second only to the Southern Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island in Australia.

We had a junior suite with pool - we expected a tiny plunge pool - but NO it is a very decent size. The room and area was spotless, very well equipped and just the right balance of style.

The breakfast is AMAZING. WOW WOW WOW. I have eaten a few cheese pies (tiropita) and cream pies (bougatsa) in my day, but these were something else. The local bun (koulouri) was also wonderful.

The staff could not do enough to help us and made us feel really welcome.

The location is a little tricky.... if it is summer the walk to the Chora is not ideal. We hired a car and basically gave others lifts... so make friends with some of the fellow residents and chances are someone will have a car. OR hire one yourself. Seriously. We saw all these people walking around the island looking KNACKERED... hire yourself a car! You need to be a bit brave to get down to some of the beaches, but even our lowly front-wheel drive Fiat Panda with it;s 1.1 engine got absolutely everywhere.

But highly recommended!

Room Tip: Room 108 was pretty awesome!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karavostasis
Vrahos Boutique Hotel
#1 of 11 in Chora
Onar Suites
Onar Suites
#1 of 3 in Karavostasis

Been to Anemi Hotel? Share your experiences!