“Fantastic Place!! Welcome to Southern Ireland”

Horse & Hound Inn Hotel
and 1 more site!
Horse & Hound Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballinaboola
alextrav
“Fantastic Place!! Welcome to Southern Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I was attending a wedding at Horetown House with my brother around 10 minutes up the road and booked for two nights. The Inn well and truely exceeded expectations, from the cooked irish breakfast accompanied with baskets of toast and soda bread to the complementary bedroom internet access and the fantastically welcoming and friendly staff! everything was fantastic. Thankyou Horse and Hound! I hope to return again at some point

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank alextrav

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I have just spent three nights at The Horse and Hound Inn, Ballinaboola, on a business trip. From the minute of my late night arrival to my departure I was made to feel welcome and the staff did absolutely everything to make me comfortable, including replacing the television set when I discovered it was faulty. The room was spacious, clean and warm and the accommodation wing was quiet and relaxing - I slept soundly each night. The food was fantastic, particularly the breakfast, and I was very impressed by the whole experience. The free wi-fi in the public areas worked well too. The location was ideal for me, being handy to where I needed to be yet in a rural location which i always go for (plus there's a garage across the road to meet the needs of the chocolate addict...)

Highly recommended - I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms may have had smoking guests in the past, they changed my room instantly when I requested...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Wexford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed here for one night in September '11, for a family wedding. We had a ground floor inter-connecting room. We had the option of unlocking the connecting room...I love my extended family, but decided to keep it locked.They were two teenage girls and their Grandma, they only had to knock on the room door, so not a problem. Our room had two double beds, and a single camp bed. We had requested an extra bed, though we did not need it after all. Spacious clean room, with a table and chairs by the window. Large bathroom, plenty of towels, toilet paper etc. Beds were clean, and comfy, with warm duvets and plenty of pillows. Breakfast was self service for cereals, fruits and juices. Orders were taken at the table if you wanted a fresh cooked breakfast, with tea/coffee/toast/bread, which was perfect also. Two rooms, seven people, seven breakfasts, total was €200. Just wish I could have had one more day...will definitely go back there.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Busy-baby-mum
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

From the moment we arrived at the Horse and Hound Inn, we received friendly and amazing service at check-in and in the bar/restaurant. Our room was very big and had all the comforts we needed. The manager was on-site in the restaurant and made sure everything was perfect, in a very friendly Irish way. The food was great - generous portions and deliciously prepared. Breakfast each morning got us going for our tour of southeast Ireland. Thanks to the Horse and Hound for a great stay!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cruisng_Canucks
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Nice spacious room, friendly staff and close to a lot of beauty spots

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bluefinu
Havertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

We can not say enough about the Horse and Hound Inn. We stayed with our son and other team members traveling to Cork for the 13-14 year old Feile tournament in Cork. The accomodations were wonderful and the food was very good. We would like to thank the staff for giving us a wonderful meal when we arrived at 9:00 at night and the two mornings we were there for breakfast. A wonderful spot in Ballinaboola!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank bkd56
Berkshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Everything was excellent - beautiful room, lovely restaurant & food. Great star to our tour of Ireland

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hildenley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballinaboola
Brandon House Hotel
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Dunbrody Country House Hotel
Dunbrody Country House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Arthurstown

Been to Horse & Hound Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!