“Good Hotel”

Horse & Hound Inn Hotel
Horse & Hound Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballinaboola
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were in Ireland for a 70th birthday party & spent Saturday 6th April at this gem of an hotel,The rooms were warm, clean & spacious, the beds were very comfortable. All the staff were friendly & helpful. The food was both tasty & plentiful all in all a good hotel

Room Tip: we had rooms 205 & 206 which were very warm
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Harry T

Reviewed 10 March 2013

A friendly welcome at Reception , followed by the surprise of a HUGE room was the start of a great stay. The room was so clean and the decor was modern. There is a reading area, which is well stocked and the furnishings throughout the hotel and public area are beautiful. We had some bar food, which was delicious. All of the staff were helpful and friendly. I had a great sleep in a very quiet room on the ground floor. The breakfast was very impressive. It was self service for juice, cereal & fruit. You can order any variety of cooked breakfast and it was of very high quality.
I would certainly come back and would recommend this hotel as a base to explore Wexford.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

Excellent rooms, amazing food and friendly service. Only gripes are that they need to enter the digital age. Poor TV and no WiFi in the room. After a long day I went into the bar had a very nice beer and the batman recommended a Fillet Steak. It was the size of my hand and perfectly cooked with all the trimmings

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank FatCockneyonTour
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I had booked a B&B nearby to the hourse and hound to attend a wedding with my pregnant girlfriend. After only an hour, I realised that this B&B would be completely inadequate due to noise and temperature so I went walking to try to find an alternative.
The Hourse and Hound was the first place I came to and after explaining my predicament, I knew I had found a goldmine. The Receptionist was kind and helpfull, she jiggled some of the bookings (it was a busy weekend for them) and soon had a double room available for 2 nights. I was invited to check the room to make sure it suited my girlfriend's needs before I moved us in and was even offered breakfast in bed for her in the morning so she could have a lie-in.
The room was spacious, warm and very quiet. This could be because it was facing away from the main road and was at the end of the hotel but with the double glazing, I would say it's quiet anyway.
We stayed in the hotel for dinner that evening and breakfast the following 2 mornings. All was delicious and reasonably priced.
Because of the wedding, I didn't have the opportunity to experience the bar/nightlife in the hotel but I can say that the people around were friendly and seemed to be enjoying themselves, and the rooms were far enough away so that it didn't disturb our sleep.

If I can make one criticism , it was occasionally hard to find staff. I think there may be a skeleton crew on at weekends so a pager system or notice at reception saying how to get in contact with someone could be helpful.

That aside, a fantastic place with great staff that turned our weekend around and salvaged what could have been a dismal weekend.

Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The Horse & Hound in Ballinaboola is the ideal place to visit Southern Ireland, we stayed the weekend with friends a couple of weeks ago. The owners Christie and Brendon are always most welcoming and the food is great, expecially the breakfast! The Hotel has been extended and revamped since our last visit a few years ago and it looks great. We would not stay anywere else. You can tell how good this Hotel is by the number of people enjoying there bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The Horse and Hound Hotel is Ballinaboola, we stayed there for a night, it was clean and comfortable. Food in the bar was good, also a restaurant attached.
Ideal for families who might be comming from North or further away parts of Ireland who might like to be closer to Roslare before they travel to France.
Good place to base yourself for to view Hook Head, Kennedy Park, Dunbrody in New Ross, Ballyhack, Fethard on Sea.

Jim Jackman
Dublin 15

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JimJackman
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I was attending a wedding at Horetown House with my brother around 10 minutes up the road and booked for two nights. The Inn well and truely exceeded expectations, from the cooked irish breakfast accompanied with baskets of toast and soda bread to the complementary bedroom internet access and the fantastically welcoming and friendly staff! everything was fantastic. Thankyou Horse and Hound! I hope to return again at some point

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank alextrav
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballinaboola
Brandon House Hotel
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to Horse & Hound Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!