“Navigation course and guided walks”

Lakeland Mountain Guides
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Dearham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A professional activity provider operating UK Wide, offering Guided Walks, Challenge Events, Skills Courses, Rock Climbing, Abseiling and much more! Fully qualified, insured, first aid trained and experienced leaders are used to offer the safest and best experiences.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I just finished a day with Matt in the Lakes on a one day navigation course. It was an excellent day all round. I am very unfit and a complete novice and Matt made the day fun, informative and highly enjoyable. Matt really knows his stuff and is a great guy to spend time with on the hills. I felt I was in safe hands and he went at a pace to suit me. The route he chose gave us spectacular views around the Lake District and the experience has definitely whetted my appetite for more. If you want to get out onto our spectacular scenery and enjoy the countryside then booking one of Lakeland Guides skills courses or going on one of their guided walks is a great way to do it. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Many thanks Matt

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I had two very pleasant and informative days with Matt when I attended a navigation course. The course was suitable for anyone who knew nothing or very little about navigation (like I did) and also for anyone that needed their skills updating or refreshing. I found Matt to be an excellent instructor and through his skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and patience taught me how to read/use a map and compass, which has now given me the confidence to get my boots on and enjoy walking on the fells."

2  Thank Minikid1968
Reviewed 21 February 2014

“I’ve enjoyed many great days out on the fells in the company of Matt and he is always a pleasure to walk with. Whether guiding a group of people or an individual Matt will always take the time to chat with everyone, which I feel is important and adds to the experience. Epic days, many thanks”

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Matt helped us climb Scafell Pike in the dark as part of our Three Peaks attempt. He was a fantastic guide and managed to get our group of 11 (varying abiities) up and down in one piece despite the horrific wet and windy weather. I cannot recommend Lakeland Mountain Guides enough - definitely consider using them as Scafell Pike is hard to navigate at the top! Prices were also very competitive and well worth it. Thank you matt!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Matt and i went abseiling today, AMAZING experience,we went to cathedral quarry,was fab from start,you got to do this,been out with other guides i would rate Matt as someone you got to go with on this journey,im going again in few weeks and will b regular.TRY IT AND BELIEVE IT

Been to Lakeland Mountain Guides? Share your experiences!