“Guided walk”

Lakeland Mountain Guides
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Dearham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A professional activity provider operating UK Wide, offering Guided Walks, Challenge Events, Skills Courses, Rock Climbing, Abseiling and much more! Fully qualified, insured, first aid trained and experienced leaders are used to offer the safest and best experiences.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I did a guided walk with Matt - the Coledale Horseshoe - and it was an excellent day. Matt is a great guide, varying the pace to suit, and very good company. I felt entirely safe in his hands and that meant I could really enjoy the day and not have to worry about navigation. This was a great way to get out on the fells, take in the amazing scenery and know you were in experienced hands. This is the second guided walk I've done with Matt (the first was a fantastic day climbing Scafell Pike) and I'd have no hesitation in booking with him again.

All reviews
"brilliant weekend"
"swirral edge"
"night walk"

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The long day out in question was a classic fell race route called the "Old County Tops"

This is a 37 mile hike or run over approx. 11,000 feet of climb in a single day taking in the highest peaks in what was Cumberland (Scafell Pike), Westmorland (Helvellyn) and Lancashire (Old Man of Coniston) before all these peaks became part of today's Cumbria.

Matt organized the day superbly in terms of route choice and ensured that supplies of food and drink were placed at strategic intervals around the route to ensure that we would complete the challenge.

In the event we ran the majority of the challenge in under 12 hours with Matt completing his first ultra marathon in the process

A fabulous day out in the mountains and very ably led by Matt who ensured that a tough running challenge went very smoothly.

Thanks very much Matt and already looking forward to the next challenge....

Colin

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I just finished a day with Matt in the Lakes on a one day navigation course. It was an excellent day all round. I am very unfit and a complete novice and Matt made the day fun, informative and highly enjoyable. Matt really knows his stuff and is a great guy to spend time with on the hills. I felt I was in safe hands and he went at a pace to suit me. The route he chose gave us spectacular views around the Lake District and the experience has definitely whetted my appetite for more. If you want to get out onto our spectacular scenery and enjoy the countryside then booking one of Lakeland Guides skills courses or going on one of their guided walks is a great way to do it. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Many thanks Matt

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I had two very pleasant and informative days with Matt when I attended a navigation course. The course was suitable for anyone who knew nothing or very little about navigation (like I did) and also for anyone that needed their skills updating or refreshing. I found Matt to be an excellent instructor and through his skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and patience taught me how to read/use a map and compass, which has now given me the confidence to get my boots on and enjoy walking on the fells."

2  Thank Minikid1968