We stayed in one of the lodges for 6 nights and absolutely loved it! Everything was very clean and it really felt like a home away from home. The scenery was breathtaking and it was very quiet. Simon was very friendly and helpful. It was great that there was a wealth of information about the area available in the lodge. We also liked the fact that the place was so environmentally friendly.
We can only think of two things we would have liked to be different:
- We didn't really like the fact that we had to put 1 pound coins into the electricity meter and keep an eye on it. It wasn't very expensive at all, but it is just something we didn't want to have on our minds during our holidays. Perhaps it would be better if they charged 5-10 pounds extra and put it in before the guests arrived. That way the guests wouldn't have to worry about that at all.
- We would have liked to have a funnel (or something like that) to get the cooking oil into the small jar (or perhaps a larger jar). We found it quite difficult to get the cooking oil into the small jar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Loch Ness Retreats featuring Torcroft Lodges and Meiklie Lodge is the place to relax and unwind in the stunning Glen Urquhart. Whether it is touring, cruising on Loch Ness, exploring the heritage & history of the area or white water rafting it is all just a short drive away. Choose from our 3 or 4 star lodges and enjoy a home from home experience, our well-equipped 2 bed lodges have everything you will need, but if you are looking for a little more luxury then stay at Meiklie Lodge and sample the comforts of a modern lodge. Meiklie Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Torcroft Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torcroft Lodges Balnain, Loch Ness, Scotland