“Beautiful cottage tucked away in a stunning...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
darleygir...
manchester, uk
“Beautiful cottage tucked away in a stunning location.”
Reviewed 18 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

Riverside Cottage has been thoughtfully and beautifully renovated.

We parked the car up on Thursday and the only time we used it was to nip to the post office for logs and papers on Saturday. We love the Lake District but living in Manchester we come here to get away from it all. Even the Lakes gets busy at times but the Duddon Valley is definitely a gem away from the crowds. As one local put it "we have no lake but that's our secret!". Everyday we walked out from the cottage. Perfect!

So the cottage itself - the kitchen is great and has everything you could possibly need. I loved sitting with a cup of coffee in the comfy chair by the patio doors just chilling out.

The log burner made the place so cosy in the evenings after days out on the fells and although there were only two of us, there is plenty of space for 4 people to easily relax and not feel on top of each other.

I loved the upcycled furniture upstairs - everything suited the cottage perfectly. Both the shower and bathroom were lovely - i soaked in the bath every night. Very comfy beds and sooooo quiet - just what we needed.

We had a couple of pints in the Newfield Inn up the road - very friendly landlady and landlord and great beer. Amanda gave us a whole host of information for local places to eat and drink but I'm afraid we were too relaxed to try any of these.

We would definitely love to come back here later in the year and stay for longer - but for a few days away after Christmas it was simply perfect :-)

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
18 Jan 2017
Many thanks indeed for describing the cottage so eloquently, and capturing the magic in words - I really couldn't better this if I was writing myself, and I am thrilled you took the time to share your experience and express all the things that I feel makes for a perfect trip. I really look forward to welcoming you back.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing