“Never again” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Ochil View
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: Bar, British, American, Pub, Scottish
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Situated in a small village with fantastic views of the Ochil hills. Freshly and home made prepared dishes. We have our function hall that holds up to 120 people, we can cater to your needs whether it's a birthday party, communion, engagement, wedding, funeral's etc.
Alva, United Kingdom
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Worst place I've ever eaten really should have just walked out but manners stopped me from doing that, place and staff in need of a good clean dread to think what the kitchens are like

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Lorraine M

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good Value for what you pay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

13.00 on a Sunday and no diners was a surprise. The restaurant within the pub lounge was set-out and waiting but only a few came over the next hour or so. Service was handled by the barman who was pleasant and efficient. Two roasts were available, lamb and chicken. We started with soup which was excellent and set us up in anticipation for the main course which although adequate was not exceptional or exciting. Pudding like the soup was very good. Had there been roast potatoes and had the yorkshire puddings been less crisp the main course would have have scored higher. That said, overall it was good, reasonably priced food. The pub is easily accessible with its own car park and well positioned if you are visiting the area or touring through the little towns by the Ochils or simply visiting the furniture retailer in nearby Tillicoultry. I would go back but I wouldn't rush back. Another plus was the good access and space for disabled wheel chair customers.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank keith_the_scot
Tillicoultry, United Kingdom
“Very poor experience.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have just visited the Ochilview for a Saturday night tea. At 7pm there were no burgers, only flat lemonade and rude staff. I won't be going back. There is a burger section on the menu so my son ordered a cheeseburger, but the waitress came back a few minutes later to say there were no burgers. She did not bring him the menu to make another choice. He also had a lemonade which was flat. When I returned it I was told "she's just gone to get some". I assumed she meant from a storeroom. My son had finished his food by the time "she" returned from Asda! I said we didn't want it anymore and was told "she" had gone to get it for us, as though we are the only people who drink lemonade! How rude. They have just lost a customer.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank shewoodward
“Fabby Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Visited The Ochilview on Monday lunchtime and have to say I can't find any fault with the service we received. We were greeted upon arrival by the manageress and seated promptly. Drinks and food order were taken in a timely manner. While waiting we were encouraged to make use of the jukebox which is free to use during the day on weekdays. Our food arrived a short while later and I'm pleased to say it certainly didn't disappoint. Very filling lunch and great fresh ingredients used. Pleasing to see many others diners come and go while we were in. I'll definitely make a return visit soon. Hopefully to try out the Friday night curry night or Saturday night steak night. Great effort from The Ochilview team - keep it up guys!!!

4 Thank Kerry R
Tillicoultry, Scotland
“Worst Family Dinner Ever.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

It was my brothers 15th & my aunties 50th. We book 'The Ochil View' two weeks in advance as we had a table of 15. Now as we arrived the first thing the manager informed us when we walked in was there was no burgers or desserts... (I mean two weeks notice, 15 people, no stocking up). Then we all ordered, 6 steaks, fish and gammon and steak pie. Two steak pies arrived and looked nice, then the sirloin steak arrived, all were suppose to be medium or rare, but in fact were cremated, every single one. No steak knife were given as they had none, so hacking into a carbon coated steak with a butter knife was the delicacy of the night. All steaks arrived on a plate when on the menu it said they came on a sizzler, once confronted the manager said it was a typo. Only half of us got onion rings with our steaks for some unknown reason (probably ran out) the mushrooms that came with the steaks were also awful and all the sauces were just plain cream and crushed pepper granules. All the steaks were returned and we all refused to take anything else. In the end we complained excessively and we only got charged for two steak pies and a fish. Terrible experience. Having a take away for my aunties 50th.

3 Thank ConorWho