“Mulled cider kicked off a great meal”
Review of The Foresters Arms

The Foresters Arms
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Graffham
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Foresters Arms is an old 16C country Freehouse inn with beamed ceiling and large inglenook fireplace set in the small village of Graffham, in the South Downs National park. We serve quality Italian food prepared and cooked to order by our chef Francesco. We also have three cosy letting rooms.
Reviewed 13 November 2013

4 of us had dinner here after a walk. Warm welcome from the landlady who was friendly and attentive throughout. The mulled cider was perfect and enhanced the cosy, informal feel of the pub. Roaring log fire. Menu choice was interesting, sourced as locally as possible, and food was of high quality with some creative touches. Excellent wine list and good ales. Would definitely come again and can't believe the critical reviews were about the same pub!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Our 33rd Wedding Anniversary was ruin. When my meal arrived there was a long hair in my greens. I sent it back. There were no apologises from the waitress. I did have my meal replaced but with a sarcastic remark from the waitress saying there are no women working in the kitchen. By the time I received my meal my husband had eaten his so I ate alone. With the attitude of the waitress we will never eat there again. There was no reduction on our meal and no apologises. So sad they ruined our Wedding Anniversary.

1  Thank margaret202013
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Thought from the reviews I would visit for lunch. I simply am unable to understand how any discerning foodie would rate this poor pub! The service was discourteous, the meager portions extortionately overpriced, dimly lit with very uncomfortable wooden bench seats, however if you used the cushions, they are so overly stuffed your head was almost touching the roof! The coffee's were stone cold too! Either this pub has taken a severe nose dive or expectations that I have for a so called "wonderful country pub" have been misplaced! Don't go!!

1  Thank emmajane r
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were welcomed by Jenna, who looked after us well.
In was quiet in the Pub the Tuesday evening we were there, with only one other couple eating.
I enjoyed the fennel and courgette soup, the hot smoked salmon salad, and two scoops of ice cream. My husband enjoyed his meal too.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We ate here twice, the second time not from choice but it was the only place serving food locally on the Sunday evening over Goodwood revival weekend. It's a nice looking place and the staff are friendly. The food however lets the place down, overpriced for what it is. I had roast guinea fowl which was over-cooked therefore tough as anything accompanied by seriously over cooked vegetables on the first evening, all rather horrid. On the Sunday evening I ordered a chicken and mushroom pie, what arrived was a large piece of puff pastry with a hole cut out of the middle, it was quite frankly inedible, it was sent back uneaten. Avoid this place.