Stayed at the Aleenta for 5 days last week. We arrived last Monday night and our first impression was wow! The Ocean View Lofts were pretty amazing, but better then what we were expecting. The infinity pool was amazing and very private, only saw one other couple using the pool during the stay. The staff were on the whole very attentive and top notch, except the last day of our stay.
We had two major problems with our stay, and while we tried to keep a positive mind set, did effect the overall enjoyment of our stay.
1. There was major construction work going on at Aleenta at the moment, they are building a new spa and going through major upgrades. Agoda nor the resort failed to mention this during the booking process and we were only told of this upon our arrival. The sound of the drilling and constant banging was annoying at best of times. This is especially true in the Ocean View Lofts as the new spa is being built just behind the rooms. We were disappointed with finding out only after we arrived and we chose to spend most of the days in Phuket away from the sounds, which defied the purpose of staying at a quiet, secluded resort.
2. The second problem and the bigger of the two was, that during the last day of our stay as we were packing up, we found that all our bags were infested with tiny ants, there must have been hundreds of them all over our clothes and equipment, we had to spent a couple of hours going through everything one by one to try and get rid of them. And when we got home we found still even more in our luggage and spend a better part of the day cleaning everything up.
When we notified staff of this problem, all we got in reply was "thanks for letting us know" There was no apology and nobody came into our room to take a look. I don't know if this was because we were about to leave, but the staff truly didn't seem to take this very seriously. We thought calling management, but decided to pack and leave.
Overall I think it would be a nice resort to stay at, but if they told us of the construction work going on before hand, we would have just booked a hotel in Phuket or Patong, cause that where we ended up staying most of the time anyway. Just check and make sure the construction is finished before you book here
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa in Phang Nga is just 20 minutes north of the Phuket International Airport. Located on the sunset side of the Andaman Sea and the pristine Natai Beach,17KM of un spoilt beaches, almost exclusively for the guests of Aleenta are home to important wildlife, not least of all turtles & reef fish. The resort is perfect for families, couples & friends who wish to relax in the tranquil & incredible ocean front location. Linda Meredith, Spa Facialist to the Stars has her first wellness centre outside of the UK, where signature treatments such as VTOX & Facials are a must-try, in the Aruyah Spa complete 10 treatment rooms, and includes paraffin wax pedicures, OPI/ GEL manicures and a range of massage. Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa also has a purpose built & fully licensed Childrens club available all day, and cares for the children of the resort exclusively with a range of exciting & fun activities in their own Club house with paddling pool, away from the main hotel pool to provide extra tranquility for all guests as well as giving a dedicated play &learning place for children. Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa in Phang Nga is passionate about the environment. It was recently awarded the status of Thailand's Best Small Green Resort. Natai Beach has also been awarded 5 Stars for cleanliness of the beach and water quality. Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa offers a beautiful and private setting and is a perfect location for a romantic beach wedding and honeymoon. Aleenta's wedding planner is available to help create your dream celebration. Luxury of space coupled with personalized services and professional staff is the heart of why one chooses Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa in Phang Nga. The concept of "all suites, all private" is delivered in luxury rooms come with plenty of private space. Our luxury resort accommodation range in sizes from 80m for our smallest rooms to 600m for 2 and 3 bedroom beachfront villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aleenta Resort And Spa Phuket Phangnga
- Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga Hotel Phang Nga
- Aleenta Hotel Phuket Phangnga
- Aleenta Resort Phuket Phangnga
- Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa Phang Nga Province, Thailand - Khok Kloi