We had heard a lot of good experiences and reviews of Aleenta over the years and were very much looking forward to checking it out after many years (we had stayed at Sala a few years back).
Overall, we must admit we were a bit disappointed - perhaps its because we've stayed at so many good luxury pool villa resorts over the years and so our expectations were quite high for Aleenta.
Don't get us wrong - its a very comfortable resort but for the price range, we expected a more 'luxury' factor. What you do get is a very beautiful sea view - probably the most beautiful view resort we've stayed at and that's what you pay for we feel.
- the sea view
- the secluded quietness (perfect for honeymooners)
- The service quality needs improving - the room service menu doesn't seem to contain all the dishes from the restaurant, and for some odd reason when you order in-room dining they don't provide a napkin or salt and pepper - very strange for a supposed luxury resort.
- The breakfast isn't a full buffet - you get served a selection of fruits and pastries on a tri-plate, but you order your other dishes. We thought for a luxury resort, most would offer fruits and pastries and basic savories as a full buffet.
- The design of the rooms and villas is also odd - the beach suites facing the beach seem to share a pool between every 2 beach suites, and the pool villas seem to also share a pool with the other villa. Its as if they wanted a luxury resort but skimmed on the details and you end up having to share a pool. But most of the rooms seem to have a sea view except the back pool villas - again you seem to pay for the view.
- We were in a 2 bedroom pool residence which again was oddly designed - the infinity pool was on the second floor but was so small that its almost a dip pool - but the pool was private and there was no sharing.
Do check with the resort on this point especially if you want privacy.
- The current restaurant is also away from the beach and the beach bar which would be perfect for a cool evening dinner by the beach does not serve breakfast or dinner (but it serves lunch only - again odd). The common pool was also quite small.
- There is some construction happening at the moment as well - it wasn't a big issue for us as we were away from the noise but it is inconvenient having to walk pass construction workers and trucks on the way to the beach or restaurant. They are constructing a new beach facing restaurant (which will serve lunch and dinner but not breakfast - odd), and a new spa.
- The existing spa was nice and the massage we got was lovely - but again the luxury factor was missing - they used fake plastic frangipani flowers for example.
- The location is also very isolated and secluded - its 1.5 hrs to Patong and there are no other restaurants or shops nearby. You end up doing everything at the resort - perhaps with the lack of competition nearby this may explain the above oddities..
Overall, its a comfortable resort but the quality service Aleenta is aiming for seems to have skipped a beat from its competitors - perhaps it was good 10 years ago, but today you can find much more luxurious pool resorts for the same price range.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa in Phang Nga is just 20 minutes north of the Phuket International Airport. Located on the sunset side of the Andaman Sea and the pristine Natai Beach,17KM of un spoilt beaches, almost exclusively for the guests of Aleenta are home to important wildlife, not least of all turtles & reef fish. The resort is perfect for families, couples & friends who wish to relax in the tranquil & incredible ocean front location. Linda Meredith, Spa Facialist to the Stars has her first wellness centre outside of the UK, where signature treatments such as VTOX & Facials are a must-try, in the Aruyah Spa complete 10 treatment rooms, and includes paraffin wax pedicures, OPI/ GEL manicures and a range of massage. Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa also has a purpose built & fully licensed Childrens club available all day, and cares for the children of the resort exclusively with a range of exciting & fun activities in their own Club house with paddling pool, away from the main hotel pool to provide extra tranquility for all guests as well as giving a dedicated play &learning place for children. Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa in Phang Nga is passionate about the environment. It was recently awarded the status of Thailand's Best Small Green Resort. Natai Beach has also been awarded 5 Stars for cleanliness of the beach and water quality. Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa offers a beautiful and private setting and is a perfect location for a romantic beach wedding and honeymoon. Aleenta's wedding planner is available to help create your dream celebration. Luxury of space coupled with personalized services and professional staff is the heart of why one chooses Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa in Phang Nga. The concept of "all suites, all private" is delivered in luxury rooms come with plenty of private space. Our luxury resort accommodation range in sizes from 80m for our smallest rooms to 600m for 2 and 3 bedroom beachfront villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aleenta Resort And Spa Phuket Phangnga
- Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga Hotel Phang Nga
- Aleenta Hotel Phuket Phangnga
- Aleenta Resort Phuket Phangnga
- Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa Phang Nga Province, Thailand - Khok Kloi