“Amazing return trip!”

Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Khok Kloi
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We recently returned to Aleenta for a long weekend and stayed in a 1-bedroom residence. Highly recommended. Last time we stayed in the pool villa which was really nice, but we preferred the room this time around. We chose a nice room at the end of the row -- the adjacent property isn't that nice, but it didn't bother us. We liked being in possibly the quietest spot on the property. The beach is lovely and not very crowded. Breakfast, which is included, is an impressive spread, which we enjoyed in our room daily. We preferred our room service meals, but it is nice to have the option of the eating at the hotels two restaurants if you want to get out. Really easy to get to from Phuket airport. We'll definitely be back.

Two things I'd note to management -- the windows in the room were not very clean. Maybe they are difficult to maintain, but I think the room would be much nicer if it would be possible to keep clean. Also, as some other guests have suggested would be nice to have dvds to borrow.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom residence
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
DOSM_AHMS, Resident Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear rajionthereddot,

Thank you very much for your magnificent review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us again. We well noted your comments which we passed to our team.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Aleenta Phuket in a near future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Although most sites recommend the lofts, we opted for a beachside villa and were delighted with it.
Right on the sand , fantastic views of an unspoilt paradise.
Surely there are few places left like this , hope it continues.
Food in General was good , breakfast a real treat, although if you stay more than 5 days , you might run out of options as there is little action nearby.
We cycled each day( free ) and saw the friendly local community at work and play.
Housekeeping was not as good as it might be, grubby finger marks, smeared windows etc.
Nothing could take away an amazing experience , made better by lovely staff.

Room Tip: Spoil yourself with a beachside villa
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pemzadit
DOSM_AHMS, Resident Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear pemzadit,

Thank you very much for taking some of your valuable time for writing this special review.

We are really happy to read that you fully enjoyed your time here at Aleenta Phuket and your comments regarding housekeeping were communicated to the team for immediate action.

We are all hoping to welcome you back to Aleenta Phuket in the near future for another amazing stay!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband and I had the most relaxing and comfortable stay. We loved the exclusivity of the resort, our beachfront suite which was spacious, and the bathroom which was so awesome!!! Staff were friendly and courteous. Food was great. Perfect vacation, such a bliss! We will definitely coming back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Leelou627,

Thank you very much for sharing your amazing and relaxing experience here at Aleenta Phuket.

Indeed it was a pleasure to have you staying with us and I can assure you that we passed your comments to our team.

It was a privilege to serve you and we are looking forward to your next stay with us at Aleenta Phuket.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Definitely the greatest hotel accommodation I have ever stayed in. We got upgraded to a 200 sqm apartment with huge private pool and every thing double or triple, just for the two of us. Everything beautifully furnished, classy and sparse. the way I like. We stayed a week.

The beach is a lonely dream, the whole complex is small scale, intimate, beautiful.
We arranged a day trip through the hotel and hired a car for a couple of days. Totally worry free, no hassle, just perfect. We may have paid a bit more by not searching for the best deal in town, but I did not come on holiday to investigate and save a few pennies. I appreciate the service.
The hotel is very remote, after a few days, you may need a car to go around although there s not too much in Phuket if you want to avoid the big crowds.

Staff and management were very friendly and accommodating.

The food is special, a European chef creates surprising dishes. It s definitely haute cuisine. The trouble is that most staff are unable to explain in any way what the dish is actually going to be. The menu lists a few ingredients but stays cryptic about what you just ordered. After a few days, we just wanted something more basic.
The breakfast, however, is perfect.

Previously mentioned (in tripadvisor reviews) construction works seems to go on at very small scale. We did not hear or notice anything at all.

Special mention (as not common in Europe): Internet wifi is fast, available everywhere, free, quite easy to access and accepts any number of devices. For me this is one of the most important issues.

If I come back to Phuket, I ll definitely go to Aleenta again!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
DOSM_AHMS, Resident Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear AndraxTheHague,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful feedback for fellow travelers!

We are already excited to hear that you are thinking of Aleenta Phuket-Phang Nga for your next visit in Thailand. Your gracious comments about our service and the team motivates us to consistently exceed guest's expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Aleenta soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at the Aleenta with my boyfriend for a weekend getaway in late February. We were both extremely impressed by the hotel's design and location. The hotel is located in a secluded area away from the crowded, "touristy" part of Phuket- so if you're looking for nightlife/shopping/restaurants, this is not the place to stay. The Aleenta is a very relaxing, zen and romantic type of place great for couples.

Rooms:

We stayed in Pool Villa, which was absolutely gorgeous. These villas do not have views of ocean, but do have absolute privacy. The size of the pool is perfect and the room also has an outdoor bathtub and shower. The amenities in the room are excellent. The bed is comfortable, and the turn down service is nicely done (relaxing music is played along with aroma therapy candles). It's a very cute touch that they leave both robes/slippers as well as cotton pajamas for the guests to use during their stay. There is also a very handy beach bag with towels tucked in perfect for any day trips or use by the pool/beach.

Pool/Beach

The hotel pool is BEAUTIFUL. Ultra modern infinite pool facing the ocean with cabanas in the water that are extremely comfortable to lounge on. At night the pool is lit up in the coolest way, which makes it look like a starry night. We never had an issue getting a cabana at the pool- they were usually all vacant.

The beach is also amazing! It's hard to decide whether you want to lay by the pool or the beach because both are so beautiful. There are really nice beach chairs set up along the pure white sand of Aleenta's private beach. They have a combination of "bean bag" type loungers that are low on the ground and also really comfortable, cushioned lounge chairs with umbrellas. My favorite feature was the call button attached on each table that allowed you to get service from the beach bar/restaurant without having to leave your chair. The water was absolutely perfect. Clear blue, calm. and perfect sand. We had the best time hanging out in the water.

There are two main restaurants in the resort. One is the beach cafe called the Edge, which turns into a fine dining european style restaurant at night. The other is a thai restaurant which is where breakfast is served in the morning. I must say that the food throughout the entire resort is EXCELLENT. There is serious thought put into the selection of the ingredients and the presentation of the food. Even a hamburger at the beach cafe was presented in a very impressive way. The breakfast is beautiful! Each table is first served an appetizer tray which is enough food by itself. Then you can pick two items off the a la carte menu. Everything is great. For dinner, we tried both the Edge restaurant, as well as the thai. Both were very delicious!!! The menu at the Edge is a bit difficult to understand because the ingredients are very interesting and you read combinations of things you wouldn't think would taste good...but trust me, it'll surprise you in a good way!

This is the only thing I cant give 5 stars for. Although the service was good, I have to say that there is definitely room for improvement. First and foremost, it was very difficult for us to understand several of the restaurant servers when they spoke English. The staff is great, but english skills can definitely be improved. Furthermore, we went to the concierge to plan a day trip out to Phang gna Bay, and didn't really find the concierge to be too knowledgeable of the different tour packages. Although they had a book full of different tours, they didn't provide us detailed information on which ones were the best and the differences between each. This was a bit annoying because my boyfriend and I had no idea which one to go with, and we wanted to get our money's worth. Nonetheless, they ended up arranging a private tour for us, which was nice just to see the views, but we had no guide to give us information about anything we were seeing. Although this is only a minor complaint, I think Aleenta could improve on this front.

Overall, OUTSTANDING hotel, facilities, amenities, and beach. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Pool Villas are ultra modern, clean, quiet, and private. The pool size is perfect and the outdoor ba...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Negeenp

Dear Negeenp,

Thank you very much for posting this very positive review about your recent vacation with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our luxury pool villa as well as the beach and restaurants.

We do provide every week some English classes to our team members to improve and facilitate the communication with our very valuable guests. I also apologies that our service provides in our restaurants did not exceed your expectations. Your comment are well noted and were passed to our Food & Beverage Director. We will organize more training to ensure that we are always delivery excellent and consistent service to our customer.

Lastly, I would like to thank you for recommending our resort to other travelers. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back to Aleenta during your next trip in Thailand.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at Aleenta with my husband from 12th Dec - 15th Dec (3 nights). I booked Ocean View Loft for first 2 nights and Pool Villa for last 1 night. Overall we had an amazing stay.

Helpful management staff: I booked directly from their website but later received a mail from AHMS offering me lower prices, a reply to the query mail I had sent to AHMS before booking. Because I have already paid more, they offered me - Complimentary round trip transfer from Airport to resort and Complimentary 30 minutes spa massage for 2 persons.

Construction work: After reading reviews I was a bit skeptic that because of ongoing construction the resort will not be that peaceful. But I was wrong. It was not disturbing and you could hear noise from room only if you concentrate.

Sea Views: Ocean View Loft offers amazing sea view from living as well as upper deck and Pool Villa offers complete privacy. Both accommodations were awesome in their own way.

Food: Although I am a vegetarian, I had lots of options to choose from in Complimentary breakfast and other menus. Not only the taste, I enjoyed the freshness and quality of each dish. At few occasions the staff modified non-veg dishes to cater to my requirements as a veggie person.

Nice Bar: The Bar is located right at the Beach. The cocktails were good. We enjoyed drinks in all three ways: 1. open air bar area, overlooking the beach 2. beach chairs, a few meters away from the water and 3. at night a long walk touching the waters (it was like enjoying drinks at our own heaven)

Friendly staff: During room change I left few things at Ocean view loft cupboard, about which when informed (after 8 hours, silly me!) were immediately searched and returned to us without any hassle.

Location: Not very far from the Airport. The only drawback is that its too too far from central phuket, which is obvious as it is located in Phang Ngga, another district :) So if you are planning a trip to main city, it will be quite expensive.The speed boat tour agency charged us 1000 THB for pick up, which is free service if you stay in Phuket and then during our return the taxi charged us 1200 THB from Fanta Sea to Aleenta! But then the yummy green thai curry and rice gave a good feeling. Another great service from Aleenta staff, as I ordered this at 2:00 am! and yet they served it with a smile and great taste.

I will highly recommend this resort to people who want to spend their holidays in a serene place. At last I want to thank Aleenta for making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: For Ocean View Loft, prefer 302 to 305.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
DOSM_AHMS, Resident Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Vinepre,

Wonderful review! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. It is our pleasure to hear that you had a pleasant experience. We are happy to know that our resort offering and service from our team members made you stay comfortable and we have shared your comments with our team.

Thank you again for this great review and we looking forward to welcoming you to Aleenta Phuket another time soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We chose here as the last stop of our honeymoon, and it didn't fail us! On arrival we were informed by the front desk staff that there was a misunderstanding for our booking, we weren't very satisfied with the first proposal and they noticed it, so instead of leaving us with no choice, the front desk staff had upgraded our stay into their villa: making sure that the guests are happy is our mission -they said.

The villa is not inside the hotel nor directly next to it, but for couples looking for privacy it's just perfect, facing an almost private beach(they're hardly people around if villas beside are empty).It takes about 15 mins walk on the beach to get to the main hotel, we enjoyed doing so each morning for the breakfast, otherwise limo could be arranged for pickups.

The breakfast itself is "À la carte" but totally abundant, for the restaurant we only tried the Thai one "33Mu5" and it was simply delicious, their cocktails too are perfectly made. The spa however is the only part that could be improved, it was somewhat mediocre experience with a rather elevated price.

In all, this place is paradisiac, but for people looking for a bit more night lives or activities(not as much as patong in phuket), i'd recommend khao lak where night market, day tours, restaurants can be found with competitive prices.

Room Tip: Grand Villa Natai: for up to 3 couples
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
DOSM_AHMS, Resident Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear juipc,

Thank you for your comprehensive review, much appreciated as well as pleased to read you had a wonderful stay with us, Your comment about the spa is noted and communicated to our team as we value feedback and strive to deliver the best service.

We looking forward to welcoming you back to Aleenta soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Khok Kloi
Natai Beach Resort & Spa, Phang-nga
Angsana Laguna Phuket
Angsana Laguna Phuket
#9 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!