“one the best experiences of our lives.”

Woody Elephant Training
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I would say that this had to be one of the best experiences of our lives, woody and his staff are so nice and friendly, they truly are dedicated to these huge beautiful soulful animals. We did the two day training package which was well worth the money (not that its expensive) we stayed with woody himself at his home, we met his mother and some of his friends, he cooked us a beautiful yellow Thai curry, the best I've ever had... nothing was too much trouble, his eight dogs were just as welcoming as woody too with two of them trying to sleep with us... waking up to the sound of yellow gibbons (think that's what they were was amazing). Woody took us into his village where his school was being blessed by the Buddhist monks as a new dorm for the kids that come from the jungle and stay at the school all week. The kids and the teachers were so friendly, asking about our schools..it was such a humbling experience, but typical of the Thai people.. we will definitely be back and would highly recommend this experience to anyone that want a TRUE ELEPHANT EXPERIENCE where its you that works for the elephant not the other way round.

Thanks woody and the guys you are all awesome

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Can't describe how amazing this experience was! The staff who looked after the elephants told you about the elephants lives and how they look after them. They are a family and the elephants are part of it and you feel so involved in it all. They explain what the elephants to on a day to day basis and what they eat etc which was interesting! We got to speak to the elephants and hug them and feed them bananas. One elephant had just been born 4days before we got there it was sooooo cute! We rode the elephants bare back which is a lot better for the elephants and we went in the river to bath them and went swimming with them. It was amazing. Our guides were Jake and woody who were really good and all the staff made you feel welcome and didn't just sit there we all were laughing and playing with the elephants. The elephants looked so happy it was obvious they had a good life.
I will remember the day for a long time to come. I recommend you go here to support this family and the elephants and not to a cheaper place which doesn't take as good of care.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My family spent a half-day at Woody's today and had a wonderful experience. Our kids are 11 & 8 and they had a ball learning a little about elephants and the Mahouts, feeding, riding and bathing in the river. We also enjoyed a lovely swim in Woody's little pool before a delicious and filling lunch. Would recommend to anyone... Very attentive to children. Was not as touristy as others...in fact we had the place to ourselves! Half day perfect for family with kids. Awesome!!

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Jay, our guide, was so nice during our elephant training. I was very anxious and more than a bit nervous about being on such a huge, powerful animal but Jay stayed with me and helped me out throughout the day. We loved our time at Woody's elephant Training. The only thing I would worry about is that the baby elephant seemed to have a very painful eye infection which I hope will be sorted for her soon. Otherwise, a great day in Chiang Mai.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I'm a trip leader and on my second visit to Woody Elephant Training (because I liked it so much the first time, I brought 2 women in the 65-73 age range. Woody and his team were great to them, and made it easy for them to get on the elephant, do their training, and then enjoy a great ride, including the water activities. Thanks, Woody, we had a great time!