“Good Value for money”

The Blue Gum
The Blue Gum
Ranked #1 of 1 Waitara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I had to travell to Hornsby for a funeral. Originally I booked at the Ascot Motor Inn like 7 other family members, but after reading the reviews of that hotel cancelled and booked at The Blue Gum. We were so p,eased we did. The other relatives confirmed all the bad reviews of the Ascot Motor Inn but we were so pleased with the Blue Gum. The room we had was very clean with comfortable beds. The bathroom appears to be recently renovated and is very spacious and spotlessly clean. Breakfast is a self serve in a room at the end of the corridor which consists of cereal, toast, juice, tea (a large variety of teas!) and coffee. We dined in the bistro downstairs that night. It has an excellent menu and reasonably priced and the food was very tasty. I ordered the chicken schnitzel and it was a very large meal and could only eat half. I highly recommend dessert particularly the sticky date pudding or the ice cream biscuit. Drinks are normal pub prices. It is conveniently located a few minutes walk from the station and it is one stop to the very large Westfield at Hornsby, which has cinema, food court and the usual variety of shops and a 24 hour Kmart. A petrol station is handy across the road from the hotel. I found e rooms to be quiet even though on a busy road. I would not hesitate recommending a stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BrissieChook

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have to travel with work occasionally from Newcastle and the Blue Gum Hotel is usually where I stay due to its convenient location, cleanliness and service. I recently stayed there and was very pleasantly suprised at the room renovations that have occurred. I stayed in room 3 which has been fitted with a brand new bathroom,carpet and furniture. The manager assured me that most of the rooms have now been renovated so I should have a newly renovated room anytime I come down to Sydney.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Brittany K
Reviewed 24 October 2013

booked in for a couple of nights while travelling through and was pleasantly surprised by the recently renovated rooms and friendly staff.

To top it off I hit the restaurant for dinner and had one of the best steaks I've ever had.

All in all a great experience!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitara
Hotel Ibis Thornleigh
Wahroonga Waldorf Apartments
The Hornsby Inn
The Hornsby Inn
#5 of 5 in Hornsby

Been to The Blue Gum? Share your experiences!