“OK but not much magic”

The Magical White Caves in Gudvangen, Norway
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The walk though the caves was pleasant enough and the lighting is quite effective, but the experience is a bit lacking. While I'm not as critical as some of the reviewers this is not something to go out of your way for

3  Thank ldrvwr

Reviewed 14 May 2014

As we anchored in the naeroyfjord it seemed that there would be little else to do but jump ship......so I let 'the boss' go see the world while I 'Flam'd.
Superb mooring but it seems that the excursion was way overpriced, which as first time cruisers we have found is about the name of the game.
Go see for yourself.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We went on this excursion because our cruise said the railway was booked up. I wish we hadn't as this is so totally misrepresented, they are not caves but mines. You can walk round them in five minutes and there is nothing magical about them. We were given tea/coffee and cake in a rather shambolic way. Do not waste your money, I wish we had just walked round Flaam and surrounding area.

4  Thank tdsjjd
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We went here because we couldn't get on the mountain train. The 'magical white caves' are the remains of a quarry that take you 5 minutes to see. There are a few lights and troll dolls in there. With the boat trip back (which was pretty good), it cost us around £70 each for the honour! A complete rip-off that doesn't do Norway any justice at all. I've given this one star only because I didn't have the option to give it zero.

Please do not be tempted to give it a try. There's nothing to see here folks!

8  Thank stormcooper
Reviewed 3 October 2012

After a short ride to Gudvangen we arrived at the White Caves. On entry we were given heavy jackets to keep out the chill. At the onset we were welcomed by by a lady stood on a rock in traditional dress who outlined the caves and their history. Inside was well illuminated with coloured lighting but disappointingly there wasn't much to see as they weren't very big. There is a small bar inside which served alcohol, tea, coffee and a traditional cake. Really wasn't worth the money we paid.

3  Thank Graham W