“lovely meal”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“lovely meal”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had a late lunch here and it was lovely. the staff were excellent. We had a problem with our desert, it was immediately rectified and not charged for with no prompting from us. We'll definitely be back for more

• Visited May 2014

Suffolk
“Couldn't ask for anything more!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Well firstly the staff are very welcoming and friendly which I find important and always seem to be smiling. The food was delicious and we aren't talking rubbish portions either. My partner had a 16oz steak and I had a steak and ale pie. It is unusual for my partner to ever leave a restaurant feeling full. I couldn't even eat all of my pie and chips which was so wonderfully cooked and tasty. Really great value for money and nice to go somewhere with decent portion sizes. Also, the decor inside is lush. It's just really different and refreshing with its own unique style. Love this place and if I lived in the area I would eat here all the time. Sadly, we were only visiting. A must go place to eat.

1 Thank Gayle R
Mezieres-sur-Issoire, France
“Food and service was fabulous”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I visited this restaurant with my husband and another couple over the easter weekend.
The choice on the menu was great - there was something for everyone. When the food come out it was presented lovely and the portions were very good sizes. We all had a starter and a main each and we were very full by the end of it. We all enjoyed our meals and if we were in the area again we would definitely return.
the staff were very accommodating and friendly.

Huddersfield UK
“Excellent food, excellent value...”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Just spent a week in a cabin at Forest Holidays Sherwood & visited The Rose Cottage this evening. We arrived at 5pm so we're fortunate to have the early bird discount from the full menu...beautiful, beautiful food, huge portions..Teenage kids said their Burgers were the best they had ever eaten, I had the Steak & Ale pie which was gorgeous, with the wife opting for the Goats cheese risotto, which she said was also stunning..through in some home made fat chips for good measure & we were all extremely pleased with our meal at The Rose Cottage...top job guys, thank you

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous for a Sunday lunch!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Myself and my Husband visited here on Easter Sunday with another couple who we were on a Easter Break with in Edwinstowe. What can I say? This was one of the most beautiful meals we have ever had. We ordered Salmon and Prawn Cocktail and Mushroom Bruschetta to start and roasts all round for mains. It was gorgeous. Presentation was five star and portions were huge (big enough that we couldn't finish it). I had beef and my husband had turkey and he remarked that the turkey was the best he has ever had!

Service was brilliant and couldn't fault the prices either.

We booked for Easter Sunday as we thought it would be packed and it was busy so we are glad we booked.

Shame we can't go back as we were only there on holiday!