“Below Average, Poor Service”
Review of The Rose Cottage

The Rose Cottage
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Rufford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Derby, United Kingdom
“Below Average, Poor Service”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Dined at The Rose Cottage today, couldn't find our reservation on arrival, food was very average, nothing to return back for. One of our guests eats Halal which is not catered for, which is not a big issue but they only had one vegetarian main meal on offer a mushroom stroganoff which our guest doesn't eat mushrooms. They did accommodate with fish & chips from the evening menu which was good of them but the fish had no taste whatsoever and another of our guests wasn't allowed to order that too from the afternoon menu at 5 pm which was a shame as we were there to celebrate my fathers 75th birthday, who would have preferred that. The staff were uninterested, not attentive and we had to pay at the bar on the way out. Hence didn't deem tipping worthy after our poor experience.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Nadim74

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“lovely meal”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had a late lunch here and it was lovely. the staff were excellent. We had a problem with our desert, it was immediately rectified and not charged for with no prompting from us. We'll definitely be back for more

• Visited May 2014
Suffolk
“Couldn't ask for anything more!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Well firstly the staff are very welcoming and friendly which I find important and always seem to be smiling. The food was delicious and we aren't talking rubbish portions either. My partner had a 16oz steak and I had a steak and ale pie. It is unusual for my partner to ever leave a restaurant feeling full. I couldn't even eat all of my pie and chips which was so wonderfully cooked and tasty. Really great value for money and nice to go somewhere with decent portion sizes. Also, the decor inside is lush. It's just really different and refreshing with its own unique style. Love this place and if I lived in the area I would eat here all the time. Sadly, we were only visiting. A must go place to eat.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gayle R
Mezieres-sur-Issoire, France
“Food and service was fabulous”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I visited this restaurant with my husband and another couple over the easter weekend.
The choice on the menu was great - there was something for everyone. When the food come out it was presented lovely and the portions were very good sizes. We all had a starter and a main each and we were very full by the end of it. We all enjoyed our meals and if we were in the area again we would definitely return.
the staff were very accommodating and friendly.

• Visited April 2014
Huddersfield UK
“Excellent food, excellent value...”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Just spent a week in a cabin at Forest Holidays Sherwood & visited The Rose Cottage this evening. We arrived at 5pm so we're fortunate to have the early bird discount from the full menu...beautiful, beautiful food, huge portions..Teenage kids said their Burgers were the best they had ever eaten, I had the Steak & Ale pie which was gorgeous, with the wife opting for the Goats cheese risotto, which she said was also stunning..through in some home made fat chips for good measure & we were all extremely pleased with our meal at The Rose Cottage...top job guys, thank you

Visited April 2014