“watch out for the bike hire”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rufford
Center Parcs Sherwood Forest
ireland
“watch out for the bike hire”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

this was our fourth center parcs visit having been in france holland elveded forest and finally sherwood forest.
We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it as a family holiday however for some reason i was overcharged for the bicycle hire as apparently there is a glitch in the booking process. This was immediately rectified .
We particularly enjoyed the adjacent forest park sherwood oines which has some challenging cycle routes and other facilities.

4 Thank cathalr123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,064)
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

Highs and lows really, but for the price I've come away disappointed. No wi-fi for the 4 days we were there and no real urgency or information about the nature of the problem or when it would get resolved (it wasn't while we were there). Also could only get a phone signal while in the village square, which when you consider we had coverage from 3 of the major networks in our party meant with no internet anyone wanting to do a bit of work while away was scuppered.

Free swimming was a big plus and the accommodation was clean and very child friendly. Big low was the medieval banquet which was absolutely terrible. Food poor, service worse, entertainment non existent. Restaurants in the square were much better value for money than both the banquet and the carvery (special mention to Cafe Rouge for their excellent, child and adult friendly service).

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly1976186364
ClareS_CP, Guest Relations Manager at Center Parcs Sherwood Forest, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
I am sorry that you have come home from Sherwood Forest disappointed.

I can understand your frustrations regarding Wi-Fi but I am sure you will appreciate that this service is provided by a third party and we have very little control. We are working hard to improve the speed and consistency of Wi-Fi across all of our Villages.

I apologise that the 'Medieval Banquet' clearly did not meet with your expectations. I am unsure if you brought your views to our attention whilst you were with us, we do ask guests to inform us of any concerns so that we can resolve them.

Guest feedback is very important to our business and we welcome all comments.

Thanks again for your post and I do hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back to Center Parcs in the future.

Kind regards

chesterfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

We went for a family birthday weekend. was too short. So peaceful, clean, comfortable. Can do as much or as little as you want.

Somerset, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Went for a weekend with our 4 year old daughter. Swimming pool was firm favourite and great during bad weather!
Appartment very clean , lovely wildlife around and the fact its bikes or walking is a great way to relax and leave the driving.
Only gripe was service in restaurants was very mediocre and just because children are involved , why are the menus for them all + chips.... Our daughter will/ does eat adult food and an option to have mini adult portions would be great.
Some of the activities were very costly for content , but overall better experience than butlins! Def go again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
ClareS_CP, Guest Relations Manager at Center Parcs Sherwood Forest, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your very first visit to Center Parcs.

I note your comments relating to menu selections and I would explain that we do offer half portions in most restaurants for guests with smaller appetites or children. I apologise if you were unaware of this.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that you intend to return.

Thanks again!

Belfast,Northern Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Spent a week-end at Sherwood Forest in July with extended family and it was a enjoyable week-end. We stayed in a Woodland Lodge (Maple 43) which overlooked the lake and was well equipped for the stay. However I still think £559 (+£45 to select the location of the villa) for a 3 night self-catering break for 4 people is expensive and while you are there it is quite expensive to eat and shop - so if you want to save go prepared! However Center Parcs is pretty unique and I guess that is what you are paying for and the subtropical water world is excellent and you have everything on site so you don't have to go anywhere else during your time there (and we didn't!).

Room Tip: Remember that it costs extra to choose your villa!
1 Thank TheBish
ClareS_CP, Guest Relations Manager at Center Parcs Sherwood Forest, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
Thank you for your post following your visit to Center Parcs.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your busy weekend with us. I take on board your comments relating to the cost of selecting a particular lodge location, however I would explain that this service is optional.

It is great that you enjoyed the Subtropical Swimming Paradise and I do hope that we may look forward to welcoming you and your family back to see us again in the future.

Thanks again!

Tamworth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I'll start with the negatives first, why my holiday only gets 4 out of 5. We stopped in a comfort plus, it had been partially refurbed so was ok, was still a bit tired round the edges,although a great size and location oak 474.
The food and activities are pricey.
The positives now, we all had a wonderful time. My son did football training and with a voucher I got on arrival it cost £22 for 3 days, so not that bad price wise. We all had a go at pottery painting which was very enjoyable, but can get expensive depending on what you paint.
The food in the Indian resteraunt was lovely, proper Indian quality. We went on a Wednesday evening (best to pre-book on arrival) as the set meal was cheaper.
My son's birthday was on the Thursday and both resteraunts we went to when pre-arranged decorated the tables with balloons etc which was really nice for him.
The kids took their bikes, and it was fantastic for them to be able to cycle safely with plenty of places to lock the bikes.
I was due to go home early due to hospital treatment. The staff in reception were very helpful to make this as smooth as possible. It gets very busy from 9am onwards, so we managed to leave before then.
We loved being able to walk around with nothing seeming too far away. I'm not at all sporty but just enjoyed the whole environment. We're already planning our next trip.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Romantic weekend for two - success! The one bedroom lodge in the "Oak" section of the park was just right for the two of us and had everything we needed.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rufford
Glen Rothay Hotel
#2 of 10 in Retford
Brecks Cottage
Brecks Cottage
#1 of 1 in Moorhouse

Been to Center Parcs Sherwood Forest? Share your experiences!