“lots of fun, give Hucks a miss!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rufford
Center Parcs Sherwood Forest
Essex
“lots of fun, give Hucks a miss!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Just returned from Easter 3 nights break at Sherwood Forest, booked a large party with 2 villas.
Comfort villas are fine, basic but have all needed. Kitchen area small but has enough utensils provided to manage basic meals.
Would recommend take away chinese food, remember to ask for a discount you may get one.

Although would definately not recommend eating at Hucks diner. Poor service food overpriced and just average.

Overall an enjoyable time and we were able to book onto most activities that we wanted to do.

5 Thank Joanne20

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,083)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Really good and relaxing holiday! Lots of activities to do and had lots of friendly staff and squirrels! Will definetly be booking up soon for our next break away!

• Stayed April 2012
lincolnshire
Reviewed 9 April 2012

just returned from weekend at Sherwood-disappointed -no longer offers good value for money-Canterparcs have penny pinched and standards have gone down- The restaurant Hucks very disapointing -extortionate prices and mean portions ! Cutting too many corners now -we have been going for the last 17 yrs and have noticed a decline !not sure we will return

Room Tip: you pay for everything -and i mean everything!!even when youve spent £1000 on accomodation!
9 Thank sueyh21
Liz_Center_Parcs, Lead Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Sherwood Forest, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post following your latest visit to Center Parcs and I truly hope that it will not be your last.

I regret that you feel that Center Parcs no longer offers value for money. Your comments regarding Huck’s have been shared with the Group Food & Beverage Manager.

Kind Regards

Liz Davis
Lead Guest Services Executive
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Just returned from 4 day break to Sherwood Forest. Very enjoyable time for family. The park is looking somewhat tired especially around the Village area. Parking for loading and unloading is also poor (much better at Lake District site) It was like Wacky Races on Friday and Monday because cars have to park on the roads in a lot of places making it difficult for other traffic to pass and very dangerous for pedestrians (particularly children) More footpaths needed.

1 Thank mbetteley
Hull
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Love Center ParcsSherwood Forest, we choose to go in January to just kick back after all the stress of christmas. It is so relaxing and you can choose to do as little or as much as you want, We stayed in a lodge with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. the accomadation is lovely and clean. Try Hucks when you are their for a lovely meal and the Indian restaurant is special to. We love it that much we book again as soon as we get home for the following year. we have booked to stay in the executive lodges next time with games room and sauna. cannot wait.

Room Tip: Beech Area is very good close to all amenities.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Diane C
North wales
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We have just returned from a mid week break at Sherwood (26th March 2012) and have truly had the times of our lives! Our accomidation was a three bed executive new style lodge - just fantastic, clean, and excellent finish our extra help Eileen was fantastic and very kind too. Our party consisted of Mysef (33), Hubby (32), Eldest son (3), youngest son (6 months), Sister (35), Mum (63) and Dad (62). My sister had been to CP's many times before and we had booked on her reccomendations but for the rest of us this was our first time. We had pre booked location as Pine 745 - fantastic location, 5 mins away from center on bikes ten mins walking with the pram. The staff throughout our stay were really fantastic always going the extra mile especially Louise in bar by the golf. We had pre booked our son on the balance bike session (£7) and this was a great hit Lucy was fab with the little ones and we now have a speeding three year old to chase. The swimming pool was great and the 'older' members of the party really enjoyed the rapids and one session had a record of 14 times!!!!! The pool was great for all ages. Price wise I didn't feel things were overly priced. Eating out was the same as it would be in any pub etc and ice creams etc were the same as any holiday resort. The holiday was amazing and we have already booked for next year....but next year its during school hols as I will not be on maternity leave.....and guess what the first week in Easter 2013 is the same as we paid this year during term time so we are very pleased but would have paid whatever as we had such an amazing time and the boys just loved it...I have a feeling centre parcs is going to become a regular!!!

Room Tip: Bikes are a must and if your little one is too small to go in trailer on own put the baby in car sea...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank NorthwalesKwj
Therese_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Sherwood Forest, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for writing a review.

I am pleased to read that you all had the time of your lives and found your Executive Lodge fantastic and in a great location.

We pride ourselves on the friendliness of our staff and we thank you for your kind comments.

It’s great to hear that you all enjoyed the pool and have already booked to visit again.

We very much look forward to seeing you again next Easter.

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Kind regards

Therese Garratt
Guest Services Executive
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This was our second visit, and we'll definitely be booking again. The location and facilities are superb.

OK - a run down of the things we loved:

The accomodation was comfortable and spotless, and we loved feeding the swans, ducks, rabbits and squirrels out of the patio door. "Foresters" is a lovely spot for breakfast, (Pam and Louise, the friendly waitresses, made us feel at home). The sports centre is a wonderful, modern facility and it was a pleasure to play badminton there. My son, who is 4, loved the mini-jetskis, the mini-crossbows and the Dinky Dinosaurs (The instructors for all these activities were brilliant). The adventure playgrounds down by the lake are an absolute favourite with my son (and they're free!). The pool remains the highlight of the place and was great fun as always.

Now the things which weren't so good:

£28 for a tenpin bowling session? A blatant rip-off.
Cafe Rouge - the food is average, the wine list poor, but the prices high.

Now the one thing that was appalling:

Being a bloke, I don't usually go to a hairdresser, but decided that, as I was on holiday, I would go to a proper stylist, so I booked myself in for a cut at the salon in the spa. Because I am a middle-aged man, and not a glamourous dolly-bird, I don't think my face fitted and the disinterested, borderline-grumpy hairdresser obviously didn't listen to me when I told her what I wanted, and gave me a terrible haircut. Even as a generic "middle-aged bloke" cut, it is an absolute mess. I would have refused to pay but as you HAVE to pay in advance when booking, I just left it and got out of there as fast as I could. I've now shaved it all off with my clippers.

Men, beware. I reckon they only do one style of men's haircut, no matter what you ask for. So if you don't want to leave Center Parcs looking like a cross between MC Hammer and an East Midlands bank manager, stay well, well away from the hairdressing salon!

6 Thank HebdenBiker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rufford
Glen Rothay Hotel
#2 of 10 in Retford
Brecks Cottage
Brecks Cottage
#1 of 1 in Moorhouse

Been to Center Parcs Sherwood Forest? Share your experiences!