“Dedicated members of staff”
Review of Sundvolden Hotel

Sundvolden Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Krokkleiva
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I just needed some time out. Hence, I was looking for a quiet place, where I might be able to swim, hike, and maybe cycle, enjoy the nature, not to have to worry about food and where I can easily get to and fro from Oslo with public transport. Sundvollen Hotel seemed to fit the bill.
Result: The kitchen has its own herb and berry garden, the food is made on the premise, no convenience pap from a tin. All bread, incl. knækbrød is baked by their own baker. Despite being a conference hotel during the summer it is peaceful and quiet with more than enough space. The room as also the bathroom had ample space. The members of staff – I live in Oslo, where the concept of service is rather lacking, which has made me qui jumpy by now – but the members of staff in this hotel were fantastic. They actually made my stay into a holiday with their friendliness and service-minded orientation. They do care and should there be a hiccup, something might need fixing or just the requirement for information, they will go out of their way to make it possible. This includes the chamber maids as also the chefs, the waiters, the ladies from the reception and the service manager.
And to get there I just had to get on the buss towards Hønefoss, get off in Sundvollen and walk 100m till the reception.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
CecilieLaeskogen, General Manager at Sundvolden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you so very much for your warming feedback. This is what we want our guest to feel like when they look back at their stay. Thanks again!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is a verry nice conference hotel in Hønefoss 1 hour from Oslo. The hotel is far away from Hønefoss centrum, but the hotel has a gas station and small supermarked. The food in the hotel was verry good and the room in the hotel was great.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Armin N

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review, we are so happy to hear that you had a good experience.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean and modern and the staff was excellent. I stayed for four days and during my whole stay I received excellent service. The swimming pool was always warm and clean and the Sauna and exercise-room was brilliant. The food was really great, especially the lunch and breakfast.

The only comment I have is on the entertainment in the nightclub, the live band playing the nights I was there was really terrible. Perhaps just having a DJ playing some tunes would be better? The TV lacked a lot of channels, this could maybe also be improved.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so very much for your helpful and nice review. We have changed the music in the bar, and do now have pianoentertainers in the bar 6 nights a week. It`s hard to please everyone when it comes to channelselection, but we will keep your review in mind. Thanks again for taking the time and writing the review.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Had a great time there on a business trip. Very impressed with the staff and their attitude and servicemindedness. Anybody can have a good looking hotel, but few can make you feel as welcome and taken care of as Sundvollen.
Reccomended to everybody.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Simenlf

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. It makes the staff proud to hear!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Stayed here 1 night because of a conference, and it was nice:)
Our room was really nice - it was in the new part of the hotel, and it was fresh and clean and had a good size.
Things that put the whole hotel experience down was that we only had one blanket with bed cover on (in a double room) - we had to ask for the 2nd bed cover, and when we got it we had to put it on ourself! We also had to ask for towels for hands and a lightbulb! The nightlamp still didn`t work.. Also the shower was broken, so you had to hold the showerhead!
Besides all of this we had a nice stay. The service was good and the food is very good :)
It`s free wifi and free parking.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
CecilieLaeskogen, Public Relations Manager at Sundvolden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you so very much for your nice and helpful response. This is not how we want our guest to experience the rooms and we apologize for your inconvenience. We will learn from your experience and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Participating at a conference, I found conference facilities very satisfying - furniture, equipment, air/heathing. My room was in the new part (numbers from 1-49), and had a good sixe, modern furnitur/equipmente, quiet and possibilities for adjusting air/temperature worked well.
The hotel is quite big, and expect queues for lunch. However the food is worth waiting for. Great selection at breakfast and lunch buffets. Very tasty food!
With lots of meetings and conferences on weekdays, it is not a place I would have enjoyed visiting on individual basis, as a tourist

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new building
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank abcnord

Thank you for your nice review. However I wish you would also try to visit the hotel on a weekend or holiday. We want to be an oasis for people wanting to relax and enjoy the countryside combined with nice food and drink in the company of family and friends. Welcome back!

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I only stayed for one night, but that was enough to figure out that this hotel is the real deal. Great conference rooms, very tasteful food and the staff was very helpful. I got a great room in 4th floor with big windows and a very comfortable bed. Some spots on the bathroom walls wasn't really clean, but I'm not that picky to really care. The towels could have been a little bit bigger.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and I guess I'll be back someday myself...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BiggL

Thank you for your great respons! We hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Krokkleiva
Tyrifjord Hotell
#2 of 2 in Honefoss
Soria Moria Hotel
Soria Moria Hotel
#29 of 102 in Oslo

Been to Sundvolden Hotel? Share your experiences!