“Immaculate service even though the summer season was not yet under way” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Russian Seasons Deluxe Hotel

Russian Seasons Deluxe Hotel
Ranked #8 of 69 Hotels in Adler
Crowthorne
“Immaculate service even though the summer season was not yet under way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Nothing is too much for the considerate and helpful staff. Really 5 star personalised service lead, front of house, by concierge Konstantin a member of "Les Clefs d'or". Side on he is the spitting image of David Walliams.
The Hotel overlooks the new F1 GP Sochi track so I imagine that when in Oct '14 the race is run around the Sochi Olympic Stadia the place will jumping just like Monaco , but maybe with more space for viewers to get up close

• Stayed May 2014
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Johnebcrowthorn... B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Having lived in this hotel for approximately 9 weeks late 2013, I feel I can speak with some degree of authority about why I would not recommend this hotel, let alone travel to Adler in the first place.

Simply put, if this is meant to be a five star hotel, perhaps the staff were not told that part of the five stars includes the service, of which there was very little and was random in more ways than I can recall, which is why I made notes during my stay.

First of all, we were asked to place a security deposit in the form of cash or a credit card. When asked why this would be necessary, the response was in case we helped ourselves to the minibar. Lo and behold, upon entering the room, there was no fridge to actually have a minibar!

The televisions were mounted on the lounge and bedroom walls but they did not have a remote control let alone a power cable plugged into them. This took some degree of arguing to retrieve from the staff.

There were phones in the bedroom and the bathroom but neither of which were actually connected by the end of my stay.

The air conditioning did not work because it was only for cooling whereas the radiators installed were intended for heating, with no ability to control them anyway. Despite having asked hotel staff (and later management) several times to assist with adjusting these units, I never got the assistance at any point in time. It made sleeping very difficult because regulating the heat with cold air in from the outside was not a viable option given all the construction dust still in the air. Management didn't care. She would just write down my room number in her little book and never follow it up (or anything else, for that matter). If you can't get any satisfaction out of management, then you know all hope is lost.

The restaurant were very random at the best of times. Complimentary breakfasts were good, probably the best thing the hotel had going for it. That said, staff were not really capable of following instructions from foreigners so asking for scrambled eggs in a particular way required either a pocket translator or a little assistance from another one of the better versed staff. Dinners, on the other hand, were a challenge. One night, you would receive your burger with cheese, the next night, without. If you ordered a burger a couple days later and asked to receive it with the cheese like the first time, you would then find you were charged extra for the cheese!

They eventually opened a pub in the same building which had a good selection of meals though again, the service was random. Sometimes you would wait 15 minutes for your food, other times, the same meal would take an hour to arrive. On one occasion, when asked why the meal was cold, the excuse was that it came from the restaurant and the time taken walking to the pub through the outdoors was the cause. No attempt to rectify the problem, just an expectation that we had to simply deal with it. When it was pointed out that the person next to me received their meal steaming hot, no explanation was offered. The staff were an outright insult to our intelligence.

Internet access was sketchy at the best of times. I was given a 4G USB dongle which were in limited supply but at least worked around the issue. Given the instability experienced though, I was reluctant to hand them back until we experienced a solid week's worth of internet. That was a fortunate move on my part because we then experienced yet another internet outage which was going to continue that way for almost 50 hours without a single connection! Hotel management refused to accept this explanation when they demanded the return of the 4G dongles and placed the blame on me for hindering internet access for the other guests. So rather than buying more 4G dongles to appease ALL the guests, they'd rather inconvenience others or otherwise apportion blame to them. Yes, fantastic five-star service.

For what it's worth, their IT guy at the time was an electrician!

No solution offered was acted on to fulfil my request for a fridge in my room to at least keep my milk in to attend to my medical requirements. In the end, it was a lot of false promises, "It will be here in two weeks". The minibar fridge eventually turned up, about 6 weeks later. That was something positive.

Poorly designed hotel structure meant that you went from outdoors, to indoors at reception and then back outdoors walking to your room. To make matters worse, the high winds would result in all dust and debris being blown into the entry point of my room given the big gap under the door. I had to sacrifice a bath towel as a door snake with a chair pressed up against it just to keep the mess out. As I was getting closer to checking out of the hotel, they finally started constructing frames to encase the halls with glass to keep it all indoors, as it should be with any hotel once you enter the lobby. I'm not even sure this hotel was ultimately ready for the Olympics which were only a month away by that stage.

The only real positives I can give for this hotel are the extremely comfortable beds, the pleasantly comfortable sofa and the spa/sauna facilities. I should also give a fair mention of their staff member Ksenya, who was the only one I encountered with some degree of initiative. She willingly asked to hear my grievances and honest feedback. She did her utmost to make things happen to within the best of her abilities. That is way more than I can say for any of her fellow staff, who were pathetic, useless and completely lacking in common sense.

I will do my utmost to avoid this town in general but if I ever did have to return, I would seek an alternative - at least I won't pay so much to receive the same horrible service. If you do end up booking at this hotel anyway, I certainly hope you receive a better level of service than I had to endure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Artstar_ES
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adler
Radisson Blu Paradise Resort & Spa Sochi
#7 of 200 in Sochi
Imeretinskiy Hotel
Imeretinskiy Hotel
#7 of 69 in Adler

Been to Russian Seasons Deluxe Hotel? Share your experiences!