“Unique Experience”

Experience for Yourself
More Info
US$68.22*
and up
Half-Day Tour to British D-Day Beaches Including the Sword Beach Sector from...
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Ranville
More attraction details
Owner description: A recreation of the original bridge captured by the British from the Nazis towards the end of World War II, located on the grounds of the Pegasus Memorial.
London
212 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 272 helpful votes
“Unique Experience”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Totally agree with earlier reviewer Sprice-8888. Just marvel at what a small group of ordinary men
achieved in the face of incredible odds. Imagine how the Gondree's felt one minute far from war and death the next minute in the centre of a full scale invasion. Would they die, would the Germans return, would all that they had lived for be destroyed. Walk the area visit the excellent museum, have a cup of tea in the cafe and quietly remember and give thanks.

• Czech first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Breathtaking.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

The museum is fantastic. Everything is so well researched and detailed. I study history at university so went to the museum knowing a lot about the bridge and the landings however I felt I could still learn more. It's also good for people who know nothing about it as it goes through what happened simply. The video that plays in the centre of the museum is good with footage I have never seen before. There is so much information so make sure not to miss any of it and put aside a few hours for your visit. Well worth it. It's nice to know that it will never be forgotten.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Eat and drink the atmosphere!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We visited the cafe on a beautiful sunny afternoon. It's not every day you get to sit at a place where so much history was made. For those who complained about one thing or another, they are completely missing the point. Madame Gondree served us. She was completely charming and I felt privileged to have met her. If you want to bask in the history, go there. If you want an all you can eat carvery, go over the road.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very good museum but not the Cafe Gondree”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We enjoyed our trip around the pegasus bridge museum but it was spoilt by the very cold reception we got at the Pegasus Bridge cafe Gondree.

We were travelling with my 91 year old father who is a d day veteran. He had been made very welcome everywhere we went with people shaking his hand and thanking him. However NOT Madam Gondree. We had seen her on TV during the d day celebrations and she seemed very nice. We went into the cafe and she served us, without a single smile. We asked would she have a chat to my father and she said she was too busy, despite the fact we were the only ones in there. I would not have bothered to spend our money in there if I'd known what a frosty reception we would have received.

2 Thank manxdi
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A place to reflect”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

What an amazing place to learn more than you can from documentaries. You leave here humble and proud of your country. This is a must for anyone who wants to understand ww2. Visiting here made me even more proud of my grandad. All I can say is if your thinking about coming here do it.