The Cove Eleuthera
Valentines Resort and Marina(Harbour Island)(Great Value!)
US$494
US$468
  • Pool
Coral Sands Hotel(Harbour Island)(Great Value!)
US$366
US$355
Pink Sands Resort(Harbour Island)(Great Value!)
US$989
Hut Pointe Inn(Governor's Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$293
Villa Allamanda, Eleuthera(Governor's Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$188
French Leave Resort(Governor's Harbour)
US$751
Autograph
Sky Beach Club(Governor's Harbour)
Squires Estate(Eleuthera)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Pineapple Fields Resort(Governor's Harbour)
La Bougainvillea(Governor's Harbour)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssushipaddle boardsharbour islandinfinity poolocean frontget awaybahama mamafishsunset barnespresso machinesip sipsnorkel gearnew chefnorth eleuthera airportlenny kravitzimpeccable servicegarden view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I usually do not write reviews but I wanted to take the time to share with everyone what a wonderful time I am having here! My boyfriend and I wanted to celebrate turning forty, and being in the medical profession and working 80-90 hours a week we wanted a more relaxing kind of vacation. Being from Ft. Lauderdale and not having much time away from work, I chose Eleuthera after hearing about the pink sand beaches, and watching a video of the owner talking about the resort and how he wanted people to experience Eleuthera like he had as a kid growing up. The pictures on the website were beautiful, but really in person this place is AMAZING! It was a quick flight over and when we landed we were through customs and in a taxi that was arranged by the hotel within five minutes. (Friendly guy named Donny who was so nice and stopped at the glass bridge so we could take pics and see the beautiful scenery) We were met at the gate and greeted by security who called to the bar in the hotel to have a drink ready for us. (Bahama Mama, and it was OH SO GOOD) Check in took five minutes, and we were off to our ocean view suite. The suite itself is huge, a little too big for the both of us, but I am not complaining! We are feeling spoiled! I love the big windows with the white flowing curtains in the room, and the large bed with all the white linens! Very luxurious! The grounds are kept immaculate, and all the lanterns and tiki torches are a great touch, the lawn is glowing at night, feels very sexy and romantic. I have even found some lanterns on line and purchased them for my home! The food and service has all been exceptional. We ate for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner so far for a total of five days, still have two more days left here, (Am I dreaming? ) I loved the BBQ nights, with the live music, and also the Conch Fritters!! Gotta have the fritters!! I also liked the morning news paper served with breakfast that gave you great ideas where to go exploring. The amenities have been fun, bike rides, floats, paddle boards, kayaks, you can even rent a jeep for touring the island. We took a trip to Harbor Island all arranged by the resort (asked for Donny again) and had a great time there also. Everyone has been friendly and helpful and will go above and beyond to get you what you need. Will we come back? Absolutely! We are thinking of making it a yearly trip ( next time we will book the resort with the private plane from Ft. Lauderdale. (We met friends who recommended this) I can only say great things about this resort, and I am looking forward to next year!

Room Tip: Next time I will book the ocean facing room, must be amazing to open the door and hear the waves crashing
3  Thank Kristen P
TheCoveEleuthera, General Manager at The Cove Eleuthera, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

We are so happy your trip was amazing. We can't wait to see y'all again.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

First of all, let me say that the Cove is the most beautiful place I've ever been in my life. My husband and I were celebrating our ten year wedding anniversary and thought this would be the perfect place to renew our vows. We loved our Arawak room because it was perfectly positioned with a gorgeous ocean view. The room was clean and had everything you could possibly need for a lovely vacation. There were plenty of beach chairs at all times of the day and someone was always there to bring towels or set up an umbrella for us. We also felt comfortable leaving our things on the beach while we snorkeled as it seemed that crime was not an issue. Also, it seemed that everyone minded their own business and respected others around them, which is something we could not say for our visit to Atlantis. We also really enjoyed the free snorkel equipment and bikes that were always available.
The view from everywhere in the resort was incredible. Each time we ate at the Cove Restaurant, we were just in awe of the view. Also, watching the sunsets each night, swimming in the infinity pool, and snorkeling right at the shore were some of the best times we've had!
Here comes the bad--we had some issues with the service while we were here. As I mentioned, we were celebrating our 10 year anniversary so I tried to get some information from the staff before we visited about possibly getting my hair and makeup done. I emailed guest services twice asking about this and never got a response. I also called guest services about it and someone said they would check into it and call me back and they never did. For our special night, we booked a special dinner for ($300) which we were promised a private table set up between the two beaches at sunset with candles, flowers and a three course meal. We double checked the day of the event and they said everything was in order. We asked what the meal would be because we don't eat beef or pork and they allowed us to speak to the chef directly. He told us it would mainly consist of different types of fish and would finish with a chocolate cake. I asked if he could possibly leave out onions because onions can ruin a meal for me and I wanted this dinner to be perfect. He said that wouldn't be a problem and we believed him. When it came time for the dinner, we went to the restaurant and they seated us directly beside the swimming pool. That's right, by the swimming pool on a picnic-style table adjacent to people getting drunk in their bathing suits. How is that special? We could have eaten there any other day, so that was unacceptable. My husband pulled the waiter aside and told him that's not what we were promised and we were planning on exchanging our vows and we thought we'd have privacy like we were promised. He said we could come back in 30 minutes and he would fix it. Finally, they did set us up a table between the beaches on the bluff (still no flowers, but whatever). We were thrilled with the view and the privacy we finally had. The first course of the dinner was seared tuna with a relish atop full of ONIONS. I was very upset as I had specifically asked for them to leave that out. Each course had onions/scallions/shallots which was disappointing. Overall, food was good and not worth $300, but the view we ended up with was priceless. I was mainly disappointed with the obvious miscommunication we had with the staff when we set up this dinner because we did not get what we expected, or rather, what they promised us.
Overall, though I doubt we will ever go back to the Bahamas, if we did I would want to stay here again. To those thinking about staying here, bring lots of tip money. I don't think we tipped enough and that affected the amount of service we received. I would have brought more money if I'd realized the incredible difference it would make.

1  Thank CheffyKim
TheCoveEleuthera, General Manager at The Cove Eleuthera, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

We are very privileged that you decided to share your special moment at The Cove. We are truly sorry for the miscommunication on our end with food & beverage and front desk. We would like to refund your meal for that night. We have implemented a special note section on each and every reservation so that this doesn't happen again. We hope to see you soon, and again please contact us for your credit for that night.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted a getaway close to home and being from Miami, the Bahamas was a perfect choice. I researched all the islands and given everything I learned and what I saw, we decided on the Cove. I could not have chosen better. A direct flight from Miami (on a jet) was quick. The taxi drive was long but it is because nothing in Eleuthera is close to anything else (see a map). Once we got to Eleuthera, security greeted us and radioed in our welcome drink order (nice touch). We drove up to the property where we were greeted by a golf cart which took us to the main building for check-in. Once we checked in, we were in paradise. We stayed in a Caribbean Cove suite and the pictures on the website do not do it justice. It is beautiful. The staff is courteous and kind and will bend over backwards to attend to whatever you need. Robinson in particular stood out as excessively nice and attentive. The grounds are beautiful and there are many things to do. The food was amazing as we tried everything on the menu and I think I am going to miss my midday FRESH conch fritters most of all (although the Crab Hollandaise is a close second). Yes, there was some upkeep/construction going on but it did not interfere with our experience and it is just making the area better.

All in all, I do not have enough good things to say about the Cove and am looking forward to my next stay. Thank you all for giving us a wonderful vacation!

Room Tip: The Caribbean Coves are beautiful, but the Garden views are just as good and less expensive.
2  Thank Jerry M
TheCoveEleuthera, Manager at The Cove Eleuthera, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback.. We look forward to seeing you again soon. We will make sure your midday conch fritters are waiting for you at the new Gregory Town Grille.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed in a ocean suite for 7 nights. The construction crew and guest would walk right in front of our cottage requiring us to close the curtains to give us privacy. Once the curtains are closed you could be in any room as they all have the same furniture. So it sounds cool for the view of the water but save your money as the curtains have to be closed. Also, leave your valuables at home as the safe in our room was not bolted down so you could easily walk off with the safe. However the fridge was bolted down...go figure.

The staff is great at fixing mistakes but as a guest mistakes should not happen so expect mistakes at the cove.

Room Tip: Choose least expensive room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ScottBWeaver
TheCoveEleuthera, Manager at The Cove Eleuthera, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Our owner is disappointed in hearing your views just now as you spoke with him personally to apologize for your behavior and uncalled-for comments during your inquiries regarding the process of the development of the resort. During your conversation with Sidney as you suggested he must not be happy with his life because he chooses to be so involved with his businesses. You even turned around to your wife to apologize for this comment at that moment. Sidney is passionate about EVERYTHING he takes on, is proud of his work and this is just his way of life. He is shocked that he is just now learning about your issues as nothing was mentioned to him in your conversations except for your final interaction where (as mentioned before) you were apologizing for your actions which he fully accepted.

As you should remember, Mr. Torres is easily accessible and probably had his tools nearby as he enjoys fixing any issues and is quite a hands-on owner. He tries to accommodate all guests requests immediately and personally. Although Sidney has several other businesses, he has made sure he is on property for the first year to ensure all of his guest's needs are met.

To be the rated Top Resort and #1 Luxury Resort on Tripadvisor is a proud accomplishment for any property; especially one that has only been open for 5 months. This is why Sidney is disappointed he was not given the opportunity to address your concerns at the time he spoke with you and is just now finding out about your dissatisfaction.

We see that you were staying adjacent to one of our new Master Caribbean Cove Suites that were just completed. The housekeepers are the only ones entering the new rooms and are putting the finishing touches on the product. The construction workers should have entered through the back entrances of the units. However, if we did not know of the issue, we could not address an issue. Had Mr. Torres known about you concern, he would have moved you further away from the new waterfront villas .

Please note that nothing has ever been reported stolen from our property, we have 24 hour security and state-of-the-art surveillance. The original safes that were purchased were smaller and the owner purchased larger safes to accommodate guest's needs. These were retrofit at the time the refrigerators were installed and were supposed to be screwed down as well. The owner is going to personally inspect every safe today in the resort to ensure each one is secured. As mentioned earlier, if we had been notified, Sidney would have probably beat the maintenance team to your room and screwed down the safe in less than 5 minutes as he monitors all staff communication. He believes in leading by example to show the staff the effects of immediate guest pacification. This is the main reason he is so disappointed he is just hearing of this now.

Guests need not worry about pulling the curtains as the wood plantation shutters are now on property and are being installed within the next few weeks.

The owner and staff are constantly trying to create a better product and experience for our guests. Mistakes do happen, mistakes are addressed and mistakes are resolved. We believe the staff and crew have done an amazing job creating such an experience in a few short months. To create a full service, 75 room resort within 10 months in The Bahamas is almost unheard of and quite an accomplishment. We do not believe we are perfect but perfection is our ultimate goal.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We recently spent 10 days (Jul 23-Aug 2) at the Cove and it was fabulous!!!! All of our wishes and expectations came thru! This resort is continually improving and will address all customers needs. We were so fortunate to be there.

Arrival at the North Eleuthera Airport was easy and Customs took 5 minutes. We had rented a car online from Naaman Rolle and his wife met us with the car (even AC) and we were quickly on our way. The resort is a very short drive and we were welcomed with open arms, drinks and cool cloths!!!

I had emailed guest services 2 weeks prior to arrival about my husband's dietary concerns (he eats no fish/seafood), his preference for slushy nonalcoholic drinks, his need for a table and chair in our Carribean Cove room (he was finishing up a work project and needed to work on his computer), and our 24th anniversary that we were celebrating. Although we received a positive e-mail response, these desires never got forwarded!

HOWEVER, once we arrived and shared our needs, ALL were met. The Food and Dining Manager (sorry I forgot your name) was incredible. Within 3 hours, both chefs had spoken to my husband and a table and 2 chairs were placed in our room). The new Bar and Beverage Manager was fabulous also, the Bhutanese waiter and housekeeping staff were great, the new resort manager went out of his way also-in fact-everything was great.

Although the menus appeared limited and they were out of pizza while we were there, the kitchen would make ANYTHING we wanted. One night my husband wanted some spaghetti and he was served an outstanding dish. Several nights I dined on an appetizer and salad and portions were more than adequate!!!! I will go more in detail about the food in the restaurant review.

Rent a car (Cove now has jeeps to rent) and explore the island. Try some of the local restaurants and Stubbs BBQ on Friday/Sat. However our favorite times were spent in the pool/ocean at The Cove being spoiled by the staff.

Sydney was in residence and spoke to us several times about his new additions(a new casual restaurant is scheduled to open soon). He is dedicated to this resort! Lady, the resort mascot received 2 new friends while we were there and it was fun seeing the 3 dogs frolic and play.

We will definitely go back!!!

Room Tip: Definitely choose the Carribean Cove room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank belwil
TheCoveEleuthera, Manager at The Cove Eleuthera, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and congratulations on your anniversary.

We were able to sort through your emails with guest services prior to your arrival. We do see that the agent stated that the Caribbean Cove Suite has a seating area with a table when you asked if we had a "desk or small table in the Caribbean Cove Suite". We also see that she offered you pricing for massages and tours but there was no direction to book these services. We also see that she did make note of the dietary concerns, beverage preferences and the anniversary in the reservation.

Again we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to host you once again in paradise.