“Not bad...”

Ristorante Pizzeria Vecchia Canonica
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Male
Price range: US$21 - US$54
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Do you want to try to enjoy something very typical and original? The answer is Alla Vecchia Canonica! If you are looking for a good pizza restaurant in Val di Sole, Alla Vecchia Canonica is the place for you: cozy, family-friendly serving great pizzas and regional and local dishes.
Italy
“Not bad...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

This place is very "local", with some sort of charm to it, I'll admit. The scenic view in the back outside, is stunning - trees going higher and higher as far as the eye can see, and the fresh air makes you feel really good.

The food was MUCH better than I had expected, and this is one of the reasons I wish I could give this place an extra star here on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately, the staff - particularly our waiter - was less than friendly, not rude but, just did not seem all that happy to be there, or to answer any questions we had.

The menu was also not very big - and I think that's something they should work on for the future. The majority of what is listed is just pizza, and then just a half page of other dishes that can be grilled.

However - the price was extremely good! Two pizzas, a main dish, a glass of wine, a bottle of water and a large coke (including our cover charge) all came to 31.60 euros! Not bad at all! A place like that in Trento, for all that food would have easily been 40+ euros.

The food, while it was good though, was just not an above average experience.

For better or for worse - it felt like we were in someone's backyard; The tables and chairs were plastic patio furniture, the view from the tables were, yes that of the forest and hills, but also of the back of someone's house!

All in all, while it was cute, and the food was good, I would have to say it was an average experience. Definitely worth going though, if you do find yourself in Male' and you're under a time limit of where to go and what to eat. Not bad!

• Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Prague, Czech Republic
“The thinnest pizza I've ever eaten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

During my ski holiday in Folgarida, a ski resort near to Male, I had the privilege to visite this pizzeria several times.

What I admire on this pizzeria is that they admit that they know everything about pizza and barely nothing about the rest of the cuisine.

Although the sortiment o salades f and soups is quite poor, the offer of pizza and deserts will definitely make it up.

I have to emphasize that I am a huge pizza lover nad I don't settle with every pizza I see.
Their pizzas were so thin, that in the center there was barely nothing. And the smell.

I can just recommend. Finde it on the web. It worths!

PS.
Sorry for my English. I am not a native speaker /even writer/.

• Visited January 2013