We booked this as a 'central' meeting point for our family as we live in the four corners of the country.
We got to within 5 mles easily, just a few tricky corners and hidden signs delayed us. (It would be helpful if someone went out with a pair of shears to clear the hedges back around the direction signs, look out for the tiny brown ones off the main roads, then look for the backs of larger ones near the hotels, purple does not stand out amonst the bushes).
The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The restaurant staff even took a very late order from one of us that had a longer journey.
Our room was well appointed, overlooking the course and the lake. Everything in it was beautifully clean. Massive bed too.
Whilst the men were away playing golf the next day, the ladies in the party popped down to reception where a lovely lady was extremjely helpful and printed off places of interest and directions for us. if you are not a golf or spa fan (or want something else to do) check out the Fabulous Designer Village, near Banbury, 1st shop Jimmy Choo's at 70% discount!!!
The men enjoyed the golf course, it does require the constitution of Hannibal to get up and down the 'rolling hills' a second days play proved too much for some of us!
The food was fine, sadly not fine dining, but adequate.
Buttet breakfast meant that you could have a good day out without having to stop for lunch.
The 'Terrace Bistro' was open all day and served rather pricey snacks and drinks. (£3.50 for 12 frozen steak chips served in a sugar bowl).rather took the shine off things a little. A round of drinks, 4 pints of beer and 5 soft drinks came to over £29! is it me or is that a tad excessive?
We didnt use the spa, that was occupied by several ladies on a Hen party. We didn't think we would get the tranquil effect with lots of pink feathers floating around.
Had a great game of Ten pin bowling instead. (never played before)
Second evening the food was fine, again.The restaurant was very busy, we were 'forgotten' three times, the manager apologised by getting us a round of drinks to compensate, this (knowing how expensive they were!) made up for any inconvenience.
There are any number of sized rooms for venues, meetings, etc.
There was a wonderful indian wedding in part of the hotel with lots of guests we only knew because we went out through the main doors.
Overall, lovely quiet hotel, fantastic views, great golf, lovely cheerful staff, a really relaxing weekend.
We would book again and we live in beautiful Norfolk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hellidon Lakes Golf and Spa Hotel is located in Daventry in Northamptonshire. This hidden gem is surrounded by 220 acres of delightfully peaceful grounds; so it’s quite easy to forget that it is a mere 14 miles off the M40 and 20 minutes from the M1. Hellidon Lakes Golf and Spa Hotel is home to a 27 hole Championship golf course, a superb leisure club, relaxing spa, tennis courts and a fishing lake. In fact the hotel's eight sparkling lakes are behind our four-star hotel’s name. What's more the hotel has an indoor ten pin bowling alley - great for family fun or on an evening of laughter outside of the meeting room. The hotel has 24 flexible conference and meeting rooms, 200 complimentary car parking spaces and are proud to offer some great stimulation for conference and events; from self-contained meeting areas to superb team building space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hellidon Lakes Golf And Spa Hotel - a Qhotel
- Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel - a q Hellidon
- Hellidon Lakes Daventry
- Hellidon Lakes Hotel
- Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel Northamptonshire