Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
US$113
US$102
Priceline
1,428 results
All reviewsbowling alleyterrace barhellidon lakesten pin bowlingleisure facilitiessuperior roomgreat weekendbar pricesweekend breakan overnight staysparoundsbuggiesweddingcountrysideconferencedaventry
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Booked golf package deal for four people at Hellidon lakes. Arrived for lunch, all four meals came at different times, half an hour between first and last. Chips were undercooked, disappointing given the price. Pre booked buggies fot the golf only to be told there was a booking error and no longer available. Hotel room had no air conditioning just a noisy fan and to top it off an unpleasant stain on the sheet. Wrote an email complaining about the complex had no response. Wouldnt recommend shame as has potential to be a nice complex

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank easdenp
Christophe G, General Manager at Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your stay last year and for your constructive feedback. Please accept my apologies for the issues occurred during your stay as indeed they should not have happened. I will contact you to find out why you have not been contacted since September last year as we always respond to our guest’s feedback.
I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Although the hotel and personnel were great the need for detail is far from adequate first we booked two rounds of golf over two days when we arrived we were told no buggies allowed on courses due to bad weather so we had to walk the course and with 3 of my party suffering with joint problems could not play the second day due to the route march up all the hills on the first 9 holes. Second point the evening meal menu was not very good and 2hours for a 3course meal is very slow also £5.50 for bacon sandwich is a bit steep this is one venue I will not be going back too .

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Theowls1966

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, for your constructive comments. I am delighted to read that the hotel and the team were great. My apologies if you were not able to us the buggies, unfortunately it is very unsafe after heavy rain and can assure that the decision is made purely for our guest’s safety. I am sorry that your meal did not meet your expectation, we always plan for a 3 course meal to take anything between 1 ½ to 2 hours, however we can make is quicker at the guest’s request if necessary. I hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you again, we could always plan it around a safer month so you will be able to use the buggies. Please contact me prior to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had our wedding at Hellidon Lakes in the Marston Suite and we can honestly say it was the best day of our lives helped massively by the great venue and incredible staff.

In the run up to the wedding, Aimee our coordinator, was so helpful and was always there to meet with us and answer questions whenever we needed it.

Then on the day we arrived to a fantastic welcome. Our guests were treated very well, all their needs being met, and we felt utterly spoilt rotten we were provided with such attention. The weather was beautiful so we were lucky enough to be able to enjoy the terrace for our Champagne Reception. The gorgeous views are alone enough reason to have your wedding at the hotel,

Dan and Matt who helped us out on the day could not have been more fantastic, always available should we need anything, and we are very thankful for their support.

In the evening, the room turnaround was very smooth, and it felt like no time at all before the disco started. The DJ, provided by the hotel, was fantastic, allowing us to choose a playlist beforehand and very much keeping to the music we wanted, Overall, the whole day was everything we could have wanted and more,

We have had nothing but praise for the hotel from our guests and we are so happy we chose it for our special day.

We are also very pleased we chose to stay a second night in the suite to make the most of the special room. Even on the second night, the staff still treated us very kindly and couldn't do enough for us. We were especially grateful to Rafaelle who looked after us so well in the bar making sure we always had everything we needed. Also, the housekeeper was so kind and friendly when we were packing up all our things, again she couldn't do enough for us, and the man on reception was very bubbly, taking time to find out how our wedding had gone when he just passed us in the bar, as well as always greeting us when we walked through reception.

We don't have one bad thing to say about this hotel. We stayed there a few times in the run up to the wedding and will most definitely be coming back. Without exception everyone went out of their way to ensure we had the best possible day and we couldn't have felt more special.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark2606

Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, for your very nice comments. I am delighted to read that you had such a great experience for your special day. Indeed it was a beautiful day, very pleased that you could make the most of it and enjoy the fantastic views.
The whole team was thrilled to be part of it and to contribute towards such a special moment.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Arrived on Friday the start of the Bank holiday weekend, greeted by receptionist Maria, lovely girl, we stayed in the Superior rooms, four of us, these rooms are very nice, also the bathrooms, no complaints. Went for dinner in the Lake restaurant, food was fine, limited for Vegetarians, We had dinner the following evening in the Lounge bar, My husbands steak was burnt, but the staff gave us desserts free,(very kind). We all went swimming, I agree with previous reviewers, pool is small, but we enjoyed ourselves, we had a lovely stay, I have to mention Rosie the young girl from housekeeping another very friendly girl. Well Done. My children also said the beds in the superior
rooms are very comfy, I agree.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, for your great feedback. I am delighted that you had a great week end away and made the most of our facilities. I hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you again very soon and perhaps you could make the most of the great Summer offers that we have available on our Website.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

A group of sixteen of us stayed for one night only and one round of golf. We had no complaints whatever, hotel, food, rooms and service left nothing more to be desired for us. Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BNN966C
Christophe G, General Manager at Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, for your very nice comments. I am delighted to read that you had such a great experience. I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting your next break, otherwise if you prefer to change venue every year, we have another 4 great Golf resorts, please visit QHotels Website to make the most of the fantastic offers.