I was given a spa experience day for 2 for my birthday from my partner and decided to take a good friend with me. The hotel was a little difficult to find but once there we found ample parking.
Once inside at reception we were greeted with a friendly face and directed to the spa within the hotel. At the reception to the spa, a gentleman showed us to the treatment rooms. The girls there were very friendly and welcoming and put us at ease. We had both opted for a pedicure and toe nail polish which we had side by side in a double treatment room. It was a lovely relaxed atmosphere and we all chatted easily while our treatments were being done.
After this we were shown all the rest of the facilities at the spa before being shown to the terrace bar where we had complimentary coffees and Danish pastries to ensure our nails were completely dry before hitting the pool. The ladies changing area was lively and warm and very clean, with showers, hair dryers, lots of lockers and mirrors. The only downside was that there were no private changing cubicles which did make me feel a bit uncomfortable but as there was no-one in there but the two of us, it wasn't too bad. We then used the sauna, the jacuzzi and the pool for a good couple of hours and relaxed on the loungers. We both wished we'd taken books so that we could relax longer with something to read. We then showered and dressed and went back to the terrace bar where we had a lovely lunch. I say lunch but it was 3pm by this time! Nothing special, just sandwiches but they were fresh, served quickly and delicious with a salad garnish and handful of crisps. There were lots of other choices on the menu ther than sandwiches though. The views over the countryside and golf course were superb.
Overall a very enjoyable day, in beautiful surroundings and everyone we encountered was very friendly and welcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hellidon Lakes Golf and Spa Hotel is located in Daventry in Northamptonshire. This hidden gem is surrounded by 220 acres of delightfully peaceful grounds; so it’s quite easy to forget that it is a mere 14 miles off the M40 and 20 minutes from the M1. Hellidon Lakes Golf and Spa Hotel is home to a 27 hole Championship golf course, a superb leisure club, relaxing spa, tennis courts and a fishing lake. In fact the hotel's eight sparkling lakes are behind our four-star hotel’s name. What's more the hotel has an indoor ten pin bowling alley - great for family fun or on an evening of laughter outside of the meeting room. The hotel has 24 flexible conference and meeting rooms, 200 complimentary car parking spaces and are proud to offer some great stimulation for conference and events; from self-contained meeting areas to superb team building space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel - a q Hellidon
- Hellidon Lakes Golf And Spa Hotel - a Qhotel
- Hellidon Lakes Daventry
- Hellidon Lakes Hotel
- Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel Northamptonshire