“Good food.”
Review of The Red Lion

The Red Lion
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hellidon
The Red Lion
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hellidon
Central Scotland
“Good food.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I'm afraid I only ate here but I can't seem to find an option to review the restaurant.

There was a quite a large party of us, and we landed on one of their "Ladies Nights" so service was a bit slow, but the lovely waiting staff did apologise for the delay, and also the fact that they kept running out of different types of drinks, explaining that they have an extremely small cellar.

However, the food was good, and I would recommend this little country pub to anyone.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from Ladies Night at this restaurant where a special menu is offered - 2 courses for around £15 or 3 incl. a glass of wine or fizz for just over £19. Wow! What can I say - just a truly wonderful evening, the food was stunning (definitely recommend the box baked Camembert for starter and freshly baked doughnuts for pudding) This restaurants sheer quality is not to be missed, highly recommend an evening meal whether it's Ladies Night or not. I will certainly be returning!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Laura B
Northamptonshire
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My family and I have just returned from our fourth visit for Sunday Lunch. Does that not say everything. It is excellent and very good value. See you there next Sunday...but book because it is not mass produced there is only a certain number available.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank missymessy
Northend, Warwickshire
Reviewed 1 January 2014

After picking up a late booking locally for New Year's Eve, we then faced the problem of where to find something to eat. We didn't want the buffet and disco, or the hog roast and karaoke and certainly not the five course gala dinner; we simply wanted a well cooked and tasty pub meal and that is exactly what we got. OK, the décor is a little jaded, but the welcome was warm, the service good, the roaring fire excellent and steaks cooked to specification and as tender and tasty as you are likely to find anywhere. Well done, Red Lion the only but worthy saviour on the day!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beveren22
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

My sister and I stopped off at this lovely country pub on the way home from a spa visit. The staff were very friendly, the pub itself was really nice and the pub lunches were delicious! My sister and I had a baguette and chips and it was really nice. We will definitely be going back there again!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

After visiting most of the local watering holes both my wife and I have come to conclusion that this is the best pub in the area!!!!! Warm welcome, lovely atmosphere, amazing food, broad selection of drinks and to top it all off good value for money. The only criticism I have is that if we don't book we don't get the seat by the open fire!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roger B
Bourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were staying at a local hotel but based on the reviews decided to go to the Red Lion. What an excellent choice. The welcome was friendly as was the service. The food was as anticipated. The Tuesday was a birthday celebration and we had enjoyed the Red Lion so much we went back. Again we were not disappointed, excellent welcome, friendly service and super food. Definitely to be recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SueD503972
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hellidon
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
De Vere Staverton Estate
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel and Spa
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Heart of England Hotel Weedon by Marston's Inns
Holiday Inn Northampton West M1, Jct 16

Been to The Red Lion? Share your experiences!