“Good view of the Lake” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint-Gedeon
London, United Kingdom
“Good view of the Lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

The hotel is right by the lake. The room was clean and bed was comfortable, and we liked particularly having a balcony overlooking the lake. Staff were helpful and polite- We had a couple of meals in the evening in the restaurant and we found the service was quick and restaurant staff friendly and did their best to talk to us in English.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JasmineSt
Veronique_C2012, Public Relations Manager at Auberge Des Iles, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Alana R,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor, We really appreciate it.
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in our inn and that you want to come back. It's going to be a pleasure to see you again.

After the reading of your comment, we talked to the restaurant staff to make sure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again.

Best regards,

Véronique

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Terrebonne, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights here including one table d'hote supper and one breakfast. We got a great price and totally loved the hotel surroundings. The rooms are large and the beach is beautiful. We were here to go to the Trou de la fee cave. Our breakfast experience was a little negative because it took forever to be served and we had to ask for things repeatedly and got out orders wrong (poached eggs instead of hard boiled, smashed up fried eggs instead of scrambled, never got our extra bacon order...) we did get another order of scrambled eggs and an extra order of ham as compensation. Dinner service however was excellent, food was good. I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Alanna R
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I had the chance to go to Lac St-Jean and stay at Auberge des Iles for a weekend and I am planning of returning in the summertime because at this time of the year the lake is frozen.

The view of the lake is absolutely breathtaking from every room and everywhere, it be either the lobby or the restaurant. In summertime there is a terrace and I was told by the staff that you can hear the water hitting the shore, they also mentioned that on some nights there are fireworks by the shore.

The friendliness of the staff and their sevice were very good. Check-in was very good as well with check out.

In the dining room a musician entertains guests at dinner time making the dining experience very pleasant and romantic. The food was very good as well as the service. Menus are all "a la carte" and they have a good choice.

Rooms are nicely decorated and they are very clean. I was told that the inn has almost completed undergoing big renovations in the rooms and public spaces. The room I was appointed to was recently renovated. It had an ironing board and a coffee maker and sets of extra pillows and blankets. Bathroom has amenities for guests and is spotless.

What else to say that as mentioned before I am looking forward to return in the summertime to enjoy the lake. I will also bring my bike because the "velo route" is right next to the inn. And a golf course is also nearby for those who wish to bring their clubs.

The only drawbacks I would say is that there are still some spaces that need renovations and too bad there is no pool.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Marie Lune C
Veronique_C2012, Responsable relations publiques at Auberge Des Iles, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear customer,

We're very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your trip in our inn. If you liked it in winter, you really going to love it in summer. We have our private beach and you can rent kayak, canoe, paddleboat, bicycle and rabaska.

We will be very happy to see you again

Véronique Côté Corneau
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

my girlfriend and I when to the auberge this summer . There are not many activities , but those proposed are sufficient . We did paddleboat on the Lac St-Jean on a nice sunny day . We also ate a good romantic diner .
The place was quiet , the staff were very gentle , the food was good , I recommend A++

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ticarl10
Veronique_C2012, Responsable relations publiques at Auberge Des Iles, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Thank you for the positive review of our hostel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Auberge des Îles and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Saint-Gédéon!

Véronique Côté
Communications manager
Vancouver Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

I led a group of 20 bicyclists on a tour of Quebec, with 2 nights at Auberge Des Iles. The staff worked with me on menu choices for group meals and they were delicious. The hotel charged what they had quoted. The luggage van arrived early in a heavy rain and the staff accommodated us with a room for luggage, as the rooms were ot yet ready.

Auberge Des Iles is in a lovely location.

• Stayed September 2010
4 Thank JWM125
Sherbrooke, Qc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

Beautiful location, fantastic beach, rooms look great a first glance.

Then you notice stained carpets and tired furniture. The coffee machine that diesn't work. The internet access which works great in the hall but not oin some rooms. The lack of warm water in the shower for undefined periods.

And then you hear the 2 wedding parties arriving (they hold them every weekend, according to staff). That means no more parking. And HEAVY noise well into the night.

Bottom line: Great if you're part of a wedding party and plan to drink quite a bit. By the time you pass out, you won't care about all the malfunctioning stuff. If, however, you're just a regular tourist, then by all means avoid this place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank mechant-minou

Travellers are raving about these Saint-Gedeon hotels

Montreal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2009

We went there for a wedding anniversary. We were about 100 persons for the reception and reserved about 20 rooms for 2 nights. We spent a lot of money so we expected great service.

Unfortunately, i am very disapointed. The service itself was not so bad during the evening and the location is great. However, when we left, they charged us for the reception room altough we were told it was included with the purchase of the meals. They said the person that said it to us do not work there anymore so they do not feel any obligation. We argued but finally decided to pay. We were not impressed that they would not try to make us happy. We did not feel they even tried altough it was a small 250$ compared to the bill of 7000$ (plus all the rooms). It really seamed like they did not care.

The following day, i realized i forgot my camera charger in the room and the battery but i was already out of the region . I called about 4 times. Each time, they said they would call me back but never did. They finally told me they found it. I asked if they could ship it to me since we do not live in the area. He did not know if he could do that so he said he would call me back, which he did not. I called, again, and he finally said they could ship it if i pay for shipping. Not impressed they would not cover the 5$ bill but anyway, I said OK and gave him my UPS account number. He said he would call back if any problems. Three weeks later, i call back, the girl does not know anything. She says she has to check and will call me back. Two days later, still no news. I call back. She says she have to check with the manager and he is back in the office only the following Friday. He will call me on Friday. We are now Saturday and still no news. I call back. She says he was there this morning but has left and he is not back until Monday. It is ridiculous. Over 1 month later, at least 10 calls, and i still don't have my charger and battery.

I am not sure if they are very disorganised or just don't care about their clients but the result is the same. I will never go back, will not suggest it to friends and i am writing this review now.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank camilla8899Montreal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gedeon
Hotel Universel Alma
Chalets & Spa Lac Saint-Jean
Motel Lac-Saint-Jean
Motel Lac-Saint-Jean
#1 of 2 in Chambord

Been to Auberge Des Iles? Share your experiences!